"I will ride, I will fly; Chase the wind and touch the Sky"e - A Scotland Trip Report

Got it. That’s diff than back home where they want to move tables as fast as possible

3 Likes

Dinner duration really depends on where you’re eating.
Some places have a relaxed you’re-here-for-the-whole-evening vibe, whereas others will have a faster turnaround.

3 Likes

Is that a 23andme or Ancestry report? I’ll have to check it out. I am also not a napper.

2 Likes

Well, there’s also “look at the cat!”

7 Likes

I have both but the napping trait is on ancestry. Most of the traits are dead on but some are not. But it’s nice to have validation of see it’s not my fault. I can’t control my pain tolerance is low for example or that I’m not a morning person (which is apparently related to Neanderthal gene and I didn’t get that particular Neanderthal gene).

1 Like

Touché but I’m more a dog person though I love most fluffy animals. hairy coo time is approaching soon! A few more days.

2 Likes

2nd nice hotel with a very firm mattress. In fact firmer than the first and I sleep on a tempurpedic at home which I also find firm. Guessing Scots like their beds this way like Asia. If the next hotel is also firm I’m calling this theory correct lol.

It’s not uncomfortable in here at all which I want to start with because this is not a complaint. But it is strange to me as a Texan being in a house without central air! I’m absolutely blown away one could live this way cuz back home it’s over 100F.

4 Likes

Got eight hours last night and we’re on day 3 so hopefully the jet lag is beginning to recede. I could definitely sleep longer too though but it doesn’t hurt as much as yesterday morning so I’m gonna try and start moving now. Today is Stirling Castle and the Wallace monument with dinner in the Riverside Pub in Dumblane.

7 Likes

Generally btw I think it’s great to have long slow meal with family but I was soooo tired last night lol. I love how when we ask for the check it’s always “well of course ya can”.

3 Likes

I mean stunning. This is the bar

9 Likes

Lol :rofl:

We only get about two days a year that air con is even close to being necessary.
In fact we put our heating back on at home the other day. It’s unseasonably cold right now!

2 Likes

I’ve just put my heating on :joy:

3 Likes

It’s crazy eh? :cold_face:

3 Likes

Our boat guide mentioned something about an arctic front.

The guide dressed as a jester with all the kindergarteners was yelling “children for sale”. Lol

10 Likes

Yes, and in my family, that’s more likely to be said than the other.

2 Likes

When in Scotland have a s’mores?

5 Likes

Wrong! lol. I prefer my creatures that want to snuggle when I do! Ha ha.

Is that a Tunnucks tea cake?

4 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Good snack choice. Now I want some!

3 Likes