I want to go back to___________________

You forgot to mention the dessert sand in the dry air and the leaves on the palm trees that are gray. Live in LA a long time ago and can’t stand the place. Not to mention the smug. :nauseated_face:

Ok, I agree with you for LA in general. But they keep things really nice at DLR and vicinity. And the air in Anaheim isn’t usually bad - it’s close enough to the ocean to keep cleared.

1 Like

Yeah, the smog is gross. I really like California though, I know many don’t. I’m weird like that!

2 Likes

Yeah, I see myself saying the same thing when it comes time for us to give DLR a try!

2 Likes

I’m in TN. I also get to fly to WDW for $200 / person - sometimes less. The airfare to California is about double. However, it’s the hotel rates that really get my wallet.

I would consider $100 / person per day to be the “normal” food costs for someone at WDW. Would you consider that comparable to DLR?

1 Like

I think LA is probably one of the worst cities I’ve ever been to in terms of smog, uncleanliness & is generally one of my least favorite places in the world to be. Disneyland Resort is the complete opposite as it is our most favorite place to be as evidenced by 6 years of frequent visits. For me it’s also my Disney “home” & full of charm as the original with the laid back California/west coast vibe.

It doesn’t hurt that DL is a lot cheaper for us vs. WDW as we can drive instead of fly & while there are no great budget options on-site, the Harbor hotels that are just as close (and in some cases closer than) on-site, & since we are rarely in the room for more than crashing at naptime or end of the day, we don’t necessarily need anything more than clean/safe/walkable.

2 Likes

We have been staying mostly deluxe at WDW, I guess that is why the hotel rates around DL seem less expensive. I just paid $160 a night (including tax) 2 weeks ago at the the Grand Legacy which was a great deal. Value hotels during peak times at WDW will be a good comparison for the type of hotels around DL.

1 Like

We spend less than that I think in DL. I think my DD17 and I ate for $400 total over 4 days 2 weeks ago, but I haven’t looked at my receipts to see for sure. It depends on how many table services you do. We only had 2 in 4 days, Carnation Cafe for breakfast and Lamplight Lounge for brunch. Otherwise we ate quick service. And we didn’t do any character meals this trip.

1 Like

Another thing about DL and WDW differences in price that can be substantial for many- there are not really any “upcharge” events at DL that have become the norm at WDW. In WDW we might have costs for early morning magic and Disney After Hours, tons of dessert party options …none of these exist at Disneyland. There aren’t even EMH at night at DL/DCA, everyone gets to stay to close every night. There is only morning EMH, and you can get 1 day of that with your 3 day or longer ticket even when staying offsite. You just seem to get a lot more with your ticket, kind of the way WDW used to be.

Whatever people are willing to pay Disney is more than glad to take it.