I think the planning area is having a mental breakdown

I was wondering if it was Steve Bloom but didn’t want to tag

Yup. 6 things between 9am and 3PM… faiiiirly sure there’s enough time. :slight_smile:

The problem is that it’s stating the FIRST showing of the cavalcades are happening AFTER plan end.

This isn’t plan-specific related. Anyone who loads the interface will see the same thing.

I have posted a couple of plans that work for me? What am I missing?

The first isn’t published, so I can’t see it, but it appears the second plan is not time-limited. Which is a key point. It needs to end by 3PM.

The holiday stuff is all non-categorized currently unless you go through and add each attraction individually. This is a workaround, and this isn’t how it’s intended to work. Holiday stuff should be categorized into the seasonal tab (which should be unique to whatever time-frame your plan is in). .

Things that are closed/unavailable shouldn’t be selectable in the bulk-add/checklist area of a customized plan. Again, you can choose a prepared plan and add/take away as needed (so long as you’re not limiting your time frame, it seems), but it’s a work around and now how it’s intended to work.

Only the first part is “breaking” the plans, and even then it seems to be only centered around the cavalcades (I haven’t been able to get it to break with anything else). The other two are just annoyances, but should be looked into to avoid confusing/frustrating newbies.

Right but it will give them a starting place is all I was thinking. At this time it seems they aren’t even aware there’s a problem, you know?

This. I’m having the same issue with DLR where I see all of the halloween and christmas stuff all at once and nothing under Seasonal.

I started again with the covid one day plan on the app. I changed the hours to 3pm and went into attractions. I had deleted a bunch but when I added the calvacades it seemed to put them back. Before I noticed that when I evaluated I got lots of errors. I then deleted and evaluated again- one calvacade was after 5- deleted and evaluated two more times before it worked.

Then I optimized

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=4436470

Right, that’s waaaaayyyyy to many steps to get it to finally work and no one is going to stick with all that unless they’re trying to troubleshoot it.

EDIT: also, looking at your plan…while it’s coming in under 3PM, the time for the plan itself is ending at 9PM. Did you do that?

1 Like

Completely honest here- I only do TPs to test my park outline but I have always evaluated/optimizes (save versions along the way)

Same here mostly. I got into the habit of using an optimized plan in conjunction with FPP to fill out my spreadsheet to use as a jumping off point. It worked very well.

Now, without fastpass, I use the optimization in the parks more, but even still, it needs to be optimizable at least at this stage so I can decide whether or not to continue with the plan as I can realistically see how much I can get done. If too much, I take away; if too little, I add more. Evaluation alone can’t give me that.

I’ve also has issues with the Universal Lines App. When I make the TP on a PC it gives a personalized plan that doesn’t use Express Pass. Then when I go to the App it has the entire day using Express Pass. (I’ve checked all the settings)

I’ve also had issues getting TP to integrate Avengers Campus shows. It will skip shows that are about 30 minutes away and put it in a couple hours away with a large chunk of “Free Time” before the shows. (The Amazing Spider-Man Show in particular, but have had issues with all)

1 Like

It’s definitely kind of broken right now.

I blame Covid (as with most things these days)

1 Like

Yeah… I haven’t bother to say anything or report it because, I assume, TP is going to do an overhaul with Genie coming out soon. Plus, I’ve heard multiple TP bloggers say the Universal Lines App is next in the update queue - like the WDW Lines App got.

1 Like

More or less the same. Also while it’s cumbersome to select seasonal items manually that’s what I’ve done.

Same. If it wasn’t for the full on “breaking” from the cavalcades, I was gonna leave it. But then I figured I’d lump in the holiday stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not sure who the user “davej” is. :slight_smile: The forums are a great way to talk to others using our software, but I assure you that staff are not scrolling through thousands of posts looking for things to fix.

If you’d like you contact staff about something, please use links at https://touringplans.com/contact-us. You can directly go to https://touringplans.com/support-form, if you want.

From reviewing this thread, I’m not confident that I understand all of the concerns here. It sounds like we may have an issue with cavalcade showtimes, and perhaps other specifics with particular plans. The touring plan software is complex, and we’re dealing with a lot of scenarios now that we haven’t seen in the past, so there may be problems.

I think the best option here is to use the support link, list specific plan URLs for the problematic plan, and tell us the specific issues with that plan. We’ll investigate and figure out what’s going on.

We have one known (and perhaps related) issue with showtimes that Len plans to investigate later this week, but additional data points could be useful, even if it’s the same problem.

2 Likes

Oops. I tagged the wrong dave

1 Like

You tagged the wrong Dave. I would not be of much IT help.

3 Likes

Saw this after I posted above.

2 Likes