I need to bank points

This is more of a social and emotional support post. But… I need to bank points. :scream: This is a first for me! But what if I suddenly decide I need to go to WDW before August? And now these points will be headed for expiration, etc. This is nerve wracking!

1 Like

You could just borrow from next year. Easy peasy

I wait til almost the last second to bank, personally. I have a perpetual reminder set up on my phone to go off every year (with some days to spare) so I won’t forget.

But for me, it’s looking like I’ll need to borrow this year not bank due to the timing of Julia’s CP

5 Likes

I am not positive when my drop dead date is but my annual calendar invite popped up today. This one is just Saratoga which is my August use-year and then I will have to think about my measly Boardwalk points which are September.

I definitely prefer borrowing! Now I feel so pressured to take a trip which is obviously a terrible, no good, bad thing.

Banking deadline is 4 months before the end of your use year. So end of March for an August use year.

Don’t leave it until the last day, in case of an unforeseen Disney IT glitch.

2 Likes

What @Nicky_S said. 3/31 is your drop dead date :laughing: for SSR
And 4/30 for your BWV

But I also would never do it that day

1 Like

I’ll probably just do both at the same time sometime this weekend. I only have 12 BW points to bank anyway. I’ve consulted my handy dandy chart (that is ridiculous that I even have to make) and I doubt I’d even find points available to book within my 2022 use-year at this point anyway.

Now we need to figure out when to go!!

3 Likes

Ok jokes on me! I HATE the use-year concept. So no need to bank lol? I haven’t even gotten what’s left of my 2023 points yet…

1 Like

Just to clarify before we answer. If you click that August 2022 button there are no points there? Because if there are, you will need to bank those!

1 Like

OMG I just tried to click on it to check :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

I did it too! :rofl:

2 Likes

I think I’m good with both contracts. It makes sense. I traveled in November 2022 and had to borrow from 2023. So I have no 2022 points yet. I was thinking that I needed to bank 2023 points, but I have not even gotten them yet!

1 Like

That makes sense! Just worth checking! I have a September UY and it throws me off sometimes. But it sometimes is a pleasant suprise that you have more than you thought.

1 Like

I was honestly getting a little nervous that these points would expire next summer so it gives me some breathing room thankfully.

2 Likes

I just banked 6 2022 UY points and I keep thinking they expire in 2023. I know, but my brain gets confused.

1 Like