I’m not freaking out, you’re freaking out!

Ok, so maybe I AM freaking out. We set off on our trip in 13 days, I think I’ve done a good job of planning and have everything in order. I’ve been trying to let it be for the past week or so, but just saw that one of our HS days is sold out. That of course sets off the doubt detectors and now I’m thinking we should change our days around, but we’ve got ADRs we can change so maybe we’re locked in and should just go with the flow. There’s also the uncertainty and frustration with the G+ price increases, which I think I’m over, but what if…

How do you seasoned Mouseketeers deal with pre-trip doubt and unease? I can’t drink at work so that option is out! I’m trying to focus elsewhere but much like a train wreck, I can’t look away.

5 Likes

Breathe. Just think - you are far more prepared than the average. You know too much, so acknowledge that and keep it moving. Everything is fine. (I might need the same pep talk from you in about 30 days.) :laughing: Relax! You’re going to Disney World!!!

11 Likes

My trip is also very soon. I’ve been busy and haven’t focused on it too much but now with it creeping closer I am feeling stressed! I’m reminding myself that no matter what happens it’s going to be a great trip— we are going to Disney!!!

5 Likes

Easy, easy.

Good news from the data side - just bc a park shows no rez available, doesn’t mean it’s going to have super long wait times. Park rez availability doesn’t directly correlate to crowd level. Most days eventually “sell out” in the park rez calendar. It’s just a staffing planning tool for Disney and way to balance out crowds among all 4 parks. This phenomenon has been discussed in depth and backed up by TP articles and analysis.

Stick to your plan, and you’ll do great.

Edit: the main thing for park rez, is to have one. So congrats on that, you’re ahead of me, bc I may not have all the rez I want. Once you have your rez, no need to consult the calendar again unless you want to change something.

7 Likes

That is a big sigh of relief, and what my calm and patient brain told me. The twitchy and loud part of my brain shouted down that logic though!

5 Likes

I’d keep in mind that capacity is dynamic so sold out doesn’t necessarily mean a difference in people/CL compared to the next day. So unless there is something specific which makes that day different (special event, opening times etc.) I wouldn’t stress much about changing

edit: @DWJoe beat me to it, didn’t see the last replies for some reason

6 Likes

Yes, we’ll be in Disney and have a great time no matter. The magic will be there, the pools will be there and work and school won’t!

3 Likes

Thanks to the reassurances from you guys, I’ve moved beyond the scheduling issue. I’m back to self doubt in my plans :slight_smile:

I need to

6 Likes

You’re at that point in the planning where there’s not much left to do except to mess around and second-guess your carefully constructed plan.

Leave all alone. As others have said, sold out doesn’t always mean max crowd. It just means that for that day what they have planned for - for staffing and the like - has reached capacity.

You worked really hard at creating this perfect plan - now just go live it!

6 Likes

One of my favorite things from my kids’ little years that stuck and which we refer to a LOT at home

7 Likes

This is exactly the problem! Idle hands and all that. I just feel like I should be doing something. I suppose remaking packing lists and airplane playlists might help.

5 Likes

Now would be a good time to try packing tetris to see how small a space you really need for all your ish.

4 Likes

tetris

Tetrees, tetrees, alvayz tetrees.

5 Likes

Solidarity my friend! I just came to the forum to post on my own thread about moving things around! (And I still might post…) but I think it’s normal to freak out at this point!

2 Likes

Minimum two rolling duffles for clothes and a rolling carryon for snacks. We know the clothes will easily fit, need to see if we can cram the snacks into the duffles and forego the carryon!

1 Like

It’s part of the process, enjoy

2 Likes

I make more TP’s with different contingencies built in. I make back up ADR that I’m fully prepared to cancel. But they add a feeling of security. And HS is bound to sell out. Sometimes availability isn’t really gone, Disney is just holding back for internal reasons. I wouldn’t change anything regarding your HS day. Who’s to say it will be better or worse another day.

1 Like

That’s a great idea for the backup plans. Would be good to have something in the back pocket when we miss our rope drop window and need to pivot. Thanks!

1 Like