I just applied for what may be my dream job!

So, not completely relevant to the WDW category, but I just applied to a job in my current field at Walt Disney Company! The job is based at the Celebration corporate office but appears it might have a remote option.
I don’t think I can explain how extremely excited this makes me. I’m fully qualified for the role and obviously there’s a lot of process to go through (as in, I have to actually be chosen for an interview, etc) but it’s so much fun to dream about the possibility of getting this position.

45 Likes

How exciting! Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck!

2 Likes

That is exciting! Keep us posted. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! It’s likely a long shot, but it’s similar to the bliss and excitement you feel when fantasizing about winning the lottery. I took a screenshot of the “application submitted” screen to save it and prove that even if I don’t get the job, I had a chance!

8 Likes

Years ago Disney was looking to create a new security organization and I got pulled into interviews through someone I knew. Got all the way up to interviewing with the global director in CA - was pretty exciting.

I didn’t make the cut (turned out for the best), but was cool thinking about the possibility of traveling between and working at Disney sites!

rooting

14 Likes

Exciting!!
Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Either way it goes, you did it!

images

9 Likes

If they ask for references, just point them to these forums. :wink:

Good luck!

7 Likes

Ha! I am nowhere near the expert level of many of this forums most famous members, but I would have no problem being like, listen, I may not know the answer, but I’ll bet one of my good friends on TP knows!
The role I would be in would have absolutely nothing to do with actual park operations so I’m not sure this is beneficial, but it still warms my heart that you’re all on my side! :grin:

7 Likes

Best wishes!!

2 Likes

good luck! Rooting for you!

2 Likes

I cannot convey how amazingly excited I am for you!

I went through the process, operations DLR. After the interview, I went and paced outside and said “Oh my gosh” about 500 times, actually shaking. Then I got back into my car and screamed into a sweater.

I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that you end up jumping around after as well! <3

7 Likes

Thanks! I have a feeling the interview process will be a video call, so I’m thinking of all the Disney decorations I need to conveniently place behind me :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Best of luck!

1 Like

This is so exciting! good luck!

1 Like