Huge UO trip reveal at Christmas!

I wanted to post in UO section of Dis boards but couldnt figure out how to attach photos. So I am putting here. I hope that is O.K. If not, just delete. I previously posted the links on UO dis board for some of the materials I aquired to create everything I did. I found Free personalizable Hogwarts acceptance letters, printable HP stamps I printed on sticker paper, a link where I was able to purchase the hanging owls, etc. If someone is interested I will try to get those links again and post here. I did burn thru alot of home printer ink (think: alot of printing mistakes and printing items I later chose not to use, as I would find something I liked better later etc.This was a huge learning curve) and also utilized printers at my library at times. The potion boxes are pretty amazing and if someone wants photos of those let me know. I made sealed potions for looks and some they can actually open and play with. Example: Frog Slime labeled jar is actuall slime. Skele-grow potion has candy pieces in the shape of bones I picked up at Halloween time. Etc.
I know this should be posted in UO lines forum but I let my subscription lapse due to lack of activity over there. I just dont feel the need to buy that again.So, like I said, if this is inappropriate to be here, delete away!
So, here goes with what I did for each of our 3 gkids that we are taking to UO this summer, and how we plan to reveal this at Christmas.
Each child has a 3d cardstock owl hanging by fishing line from the ceiling by our tree. I was able to find 3 different types of owls for 3 kids-lucky break! The owl is holding a letter addressed to each child with owl post stamps and Hogwarts return seal and all kinds of fun authentic looking details. The entire envelope has been distressed to look like it has been around the world and back via owl postal service. The envelope even has a real Hogwarts wax seal sealing it closed. See photos. Inside envelope is a Hogwarts school acceptance letter addressed to the individual kid. A hogwarts school supply list and a double side ticket to track 9 3/4 are also inside. Below each childs owl, is a package for that child that has been distressed and has numerous owl postage stickers and stamps . When they open the box they will find a 'handpacked by house elf" potion box w real potions, a wizarding book and a chart w basic wand motions to learn. I was going to include a cheap wand for each of them to practice w, but the wands I bought for $7 from target were ridiculas low quality and back to store they go. Of course kids will get “real” wants at Olivanders in Diagon Alley when we go.
I cant wait to see how the reveal goes tomorow when we have them over for our family Christmas party I hope these photo transfer! Fingers crossed. 20171220_191153|375x500

2 Likes

So I clicked link at bottom of post and I dont see the photos. Darn! Ok. Sorry had to do these one at a time. Couldnt get the best shot of the 3 owls hanging i. Front of tree, each holding a letter, cause real names and addresses were visible. That photo looks great. Last one shows partial owl

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Wow!! Everything looks amazing…and authentic!! You certainly went all out! Im sure your grands will be absolutely thrilled, and will appreciate all of the time and effort you put into this reveal…not to mention ink!! Thank you for sharing! And have a great time tomorrow!!

Thank you!

1 Like

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

Hey uh… you looking for another grandchild? I don’t need much, just a package like this every once in a while and I’m set. :laughing:

Seriously, this is some next level theming and I absolutely love it. I really hope they appreciate all the effort that went into it (I know I do).

1 Like

Thank you Randall. I appreciate the nice comments. Let me know when u are going and I will send you an acceptance letter lol

1 Like

lol well since you mentioned it, I’m actually looking to go in October. Still kinda up in the air on whether or not it will happen though, but it’s “planned” anyhow.

Ok, that is amazing! I am in awe at how talented and creative you are! I am ashamed at my nephew’s Disney trip box he will open on Christmas…because this just blows it right out of the water.

@fishingspot…omgosh dont feel that way. You are taking your nephew to Disney?? How amazing are you? What a lucky nephew! Enjoy his face when he opens it!

soooo? how’d it go?

1 Like