Huge park hour changes

I actually assumed that when WDW reopened, it would do so with bus-only transportation. You can’t maintain social distancing in the Skyliner (although they can do 1 family per unit…how will they clean them, etc) and the monorail car capacities aren’t closely monitored by humans…also making social distancing difficult (although they could always change that too). With buses, they can just reduce capacities drastically.

Yes I’ve seen reports on chat that some people’s FPs have come back.

Mine too! I cannot modify them though, and I will need to if they will be in use. Most of mine seem to be outside the new park hours.

Mine too. I booked everything on the first day for late, and the other days early. Clearly that won’t work. I’m pretty sure we are cancelling but I can’t help myself from continuing to mess with it.

1 Like

I wonder if the shorter hours at the park will give them more time to thoroughly clean when the park is closed

Park Hours lessened, No Meet & Greets, No Fireworks, Having to force my kids to wear masks the whole day in the parks…plus a portal to gain entry in to the park per day… I’m out. Bye Bye Nov. Trip. Use that Poly Theme Park View Money on something else.

5 Likes

Do not blame you one bit.

How late can you wait til you have to cancel? November is 6 months away.

Pretty sure we will cancel as well, but will hold out for now until more questions are answered.

3 Likes

Weird. I just checked and mine are still there. Not that it matters since it doesn’t sound like they will using FP.

They are back now. Typical IT issues, I guess.

2 Likes

So weird. I’m a bit sad–I managed to get great FPs.

Me too. But many are outside the new hours so wouldn’t be so great. I am anxious to hear what the plan is for rides.

1 Like

Is that what will be the determining factor for whether you cancel or not?

Maybe. I was okay with limited experiences. But now they took away evenings/nights in the parks. I don’t think we can survive the heat. I would never choose to be in the parks between 12:30-5:30 or so. Makes no sense to go and have no decent hours in the parks. I wish they would stay closed during the day and be open in the evenings and late at night. 2am in the parks sounds awesome. 2pm sounds like a recipe for heat stroke!

6 Likes

I know. None of my kids will want to get up in the morning which usually isn’t a problem because we would just stay late until the parks close. It’s going to mean a lot more time at the hotels and pools this trip.

1 Like

That’s a brilliant idea. I hate that the hours are so short, but thus makes perfect sense.