Https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2022/10/12/disneyland-resort-magic-band-plus-october-26/

2 Likes

Some details from Scott Gustin:

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1580211735704662016?s=46&t=1CN_CAY6LUWKJvKpj5ebxg

NEW: MagicBand+ officially debuts at Disneyland Resort on Oct. 26. Starting Oct. 19, Magic Key holders, DVC and Cast will get early access.

MB+ will be available at select DLR locations starting Oct. 19 for those eligible for early access – and more locations on Oct. 26.

A Magic Key band will be available for Magic Key holders. The price is $44.99 but MK holders get $10 off (reducing to $34.99) plus their MK merch discount.

The regular MK merch discount (not the $10 off) will also apply to the standard bands ($34.99).

Disneyland announced yesterday MB+ will interact with “Believe… in Holiday Magic” and “World of Color – Season of Light.” The band will interact with other spectaculars, too.

All MagicBand+ bands will work at Disneyland. If you purchased at WDW, ShopDisney, etc. – all work and can be linked in the Disneyland app.

However - it’s important to note previous iterations of MagicBand will not work at Disneyland.

Disneyland also announced today MagicBand+ will interact with the upcoming “World of Color – One” at Disney California Adventure and “Wondrous Journeys” at Disneyland debuting on Jan. 27, 2023.

MB+ will also interact with certain attractions inside the parks. For example - you might notice your MB+ light up when Spider-Man takes flight in Avengers Campus.

As previously announced, Bounty Hunter will also launch in Galaxy’s Edge. Also MB+ will work for park entry, Lightning Lane, and linking PhotoPass photos.

More info here:

4 Likes

Usually tweets show a preview. Not sure what’s up. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Same with the link I copied :flushed::roll_eyes::rofl: I’m not sure what I did

1 Like

I was just reading this from Scott’s post that a friend sent me earlier. :rofl:

2 Likes

I just updated with all the text pasted.

The one thing I’m curious about is this part:

Have there been reports of adding taps to the front gates, attraction entrances, etc? I didn’t see them when I was there in September, but maybe they are hidden in the scanners?

1 Like

I will be there next Tuesday for the day and plan to check all the things out. Will definitely report in. :blush:

2 Likes

yay! I got mine for my Dec WDW trip and now I can use them in my DLR Nov Trip. I will be doing a West Coast vs East Coast: Christmas trip report

3 Likes

When it says the band will interact with the different shows will it be like those Glow with the show ears?!?!:flushed::flushed::flushed: imo there was nothing worse than to watch F! with those ears flashing right in front of you the whole time :pensive:

1 Like

You can turn that off in settings.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s going to be exactly like that. Except bands will be less disruptive since they’re not in the line of sight.

1 Like

Almost the same! We leave in 16 days for DL and got MB+ for our WDW trips in Jan and March!!

3 Likes

Yay! Disney therapy is a real thing. I think we should market it as a medical treatment. LOL

2 Likes

The video from the parks blog shows the gate CMs using the standard handheld scanner with the MagicBand+, so it doesn’t look like they’re going to install taps like WDW.

1 Like

Lame.

It also shows tapping the band on something…so maybe not the same as WDW but it does not appear you need a CM to scan you for everything.

1 Like

Tapping into Lightning Lanes.