HS/SWGE questions

We will be in HS on my sons 8th birthday. He is becoming a serious SW fan.

My questions are:

1. He wants to meet Darth Vader, Chewie, and BB8. Has anyone done this recently? I’m trying to get insights on how long the wait was for each of them.

2. Does anyone know if Darth Vader signs autographs? Given his personality, it doesn’t seem like he (or Kylo Ren) would, but my son was asking. I assume Chewie would sign and obviously, BB8 would not :joy_cat:

3. He and his brother will be building droids. Do you know how much the add ones are? Or what add one they have? I’ve scoured the internet and just don’t know. We will be bringing our own backpacks.

4. Tattoine traders has the light sabers. I am assuming DS8 will build one with his souvenir money. If he builds one with 2 or 3 blades - is that an additional cost?

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In September in late afternoon (around 3:30 IIRC) Darth Vader was 45, Chewie was 5, and BB8 was 15

2 Likes

That’s pretty manageable! Do they have a wait time posted before you get in line?

1 Like

Yes, just like other attractions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Logically :slight_smile:

It annoys me though how it’s not listed in MDE, and therefore not listed with TP. #endrant lol

2 Likes

The main add-on for the droids is the backpack with character chip. Then there were several extra things you could buy “off the shelf” after you’ve built the droid. I didn’t look closely at what they were though.

The backpacks had firm padding, good enough for us to pack the whole thing in a soft sided case and fly home in a 20 hour journey with 3 different flights. Completely unscathed.

DH says you could buy the character chips without the backpacks. There are around a dozen types. We got a choice of 3 for r2d2. - good, evil and “on the fence” as it were.

2 Likes

Found this in a google search. not sure how recent it is, but the price is different for number of blades (I’ve never done this before, I went to Savi’s).

• Price: $29.99 (single) $44.99 (double)
2 Likes

Thank you! I’m sure rates have gone up but I will let him know he can spend half of his souvenir budget if he wants a double blade :money_with_wings:

Oh and he asked about Savis. I told him that he wasn’t getting a $250 light saber to whack his brother with lol

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

But a $50 one… Sure! smack him till your hearts content :rofl::rofl: (jj)

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: only if his little brother gets one too

4 Likes

DH gave my kids those double sided foam stick thingies and they would hide from each other and jump out and playfully smack each other. All fun and games until they started doing it to me :unamused: Those things got “misplaced” very quickly.
Kinda like there but 2 sides…

:rofl:

3 Likes

Hmmm I wonder how they got misplaced :rofl:

1 Like