HS - super busy / long waits

Hs has been repeatedly reported at capacity everyday. I’m not sure how you haven’t heard anyone complaining about the waits, as there have been plenty.

MK is a better during the week, but not Friday. On Friday it gets fairly busy. HM, POC, and space mountain waits will stretch to 40+ minutes. Splash mountain and btmrr even longer.

1 Like

MMRR averaged a 64 minute wait 9/8 to 9/10. The other top 5 headliners (including ROTR) averaged 25 to 45 minute wait over those same three days. Doesn’t sound terrible to me. But being use to FP+, yeah it’s not great.

ETA: This weekend’s waits are only a tiny bit higher than the week days. Clearly the friend of the OP is greatly exaggerating.

4 Likes

You did a trip report, right? (I seem to recall people referencing one but I’m not on here as much weeks I’m working) I’m about 6 weeks out from my trip and I’ve been checking wait times on the app and freaking out at each mention of “increasing capacity”. We’ve got a day planned at each park Tues-Fri, but can’t quite figure out what to do with our bonus day on Sunday.

2 Likes

I personally reserve Sundays for AK. You could consider doing one park twice during the weekdays.

Maybe scheduling HS twice, in case the ROTR BG is not successful on day one.

1 Like

Agree with this. I was there today. Had we not gone directly to MMRR then to TSM we would not have been on any rides.

Think TP needs to re-evaluate crowd levels at HS.

I did, indeed. It was cut short, but it was fun while it lasted.

As far as what to do for a bonus day, The only advice I can give is to maybe keep it flexible? While the parks are busy on the weekend, there still seems to be the ability to change parks at the last minute. So maybe get what you’d feel you’d want for a default, and if something grabs ya through the week or something goes wrong, switch it up?

The only thing is I did not see wait times more than 55mins except MMRR was at 90 at one point during the day. ROTR had some down time this morning.

I am curious as to suggestions as well. We will have 5 park days over Columbus Day weekend…Thursday before to Thursday after. We will do Epcot that first Thursday because we need a late start. We were going to take Saturday and Sunday completely off from the parks. But I can’t figure out which parks to do which days. Which one for Columbus Day itself? Which on on a Friday? Aaahhhhh!!!

I have HS reserved for this Tuesday and Thursday, and next Monday as a back-up. I hope that I will be able to report lower crowds.

5 Likes

Pre-covid (Jan/Feb) HS wait times were substantially higher, even on week days than what they are now. Again, it’s just not what we are use to because there are currently no FP+. For the previous many years, our fast passes would save us literally hours waiting in line.

TP’s crowd level predictions (based on wait times) seem to be fairly accurate, when comparing pre-covid to current conditions. The predicted wait times were always based on stand by lines. It’s just now, liners have no advantage over the next guy because of no FP+, especially when we could book far in advance and utilize FP+ drops.

2 Likes

This image probably won’t help, as the two popular parks have the lowest predicted wait times for Monday. I don’t know what to tell you. :thinking:

1 Like

We just left EC on a Sunday. We toured world showcase only today. Didn’t ride Malestrom aka Frozen but heard a CM say 60 min wait as we walked by. Walked on to friendship boats. I know who cares. Saw a line cue up briefly at mouse gears. For relaxing and snacking it was pretty tame for a Sunday I thought.

And gorgeous day! Overcast and breezy

6 Likes

Sounds like a perfect day!

2 Likes

Everything I am reading says that on busy days you should do MK or HS because their AP slots are full. I don’t understand how having a slot full makes that the better park to be at. It just doesn’t make sense to me…I guess I’d rather go to AK and wait in 6 lines because there are 6 rides and know that when I do MK I won’t have any long lines. I am just missing the logic behind the parks that have the AP slots full having the lowest CL. My brain hurts from trying to figure it out, actually. :joy:

3 Likes

I’m with you on this! I think that busy days should be EC or AK days. JMHO. HS is always going to be busy but busier on weekends so, I’d go there M-R. That’s based on what I’ve read and a bit of experience as a new local.

4 Likes

We just went to HS the day after Labor Day (Tues), and while waits did hover higher than I would have wanted, it wasn’t a wasted day. While Disney will post waits of 60+ min, we Liners know better. Most we waited (outside of the breakdown for ROTR) was 35 min or so.

4 Likes

HS might feel more crowded on weekends because locals can come and be there all day. On weekdays, while park pass availability might be full up, a larger percentage of those who come have much more limited windows if when they can be there. This will make actual crowds at any given time during the day much more variable.

HS is also particularly bad because every ride they have has reduced capacity… sometimes significantly so. This is different from the Omimover type rides at other parks which have almost no reduction in capacity. So lower crowds mean much shorter lines for many things. At HS, reduced capacity means reduced park capacity isn’t enough to compensate for reduced ride capacity. At least not by much.

4 Likes

So why on weekends when there is no park pass availability left for AP holders is HS given a 1 CL and other parks that have availability are given a 2 or a 3? The reverse logic that must be being used is confusing me.

1 Like

The crowds were ridicules pre-covid and wait times for the best rides were at least 90 minutes if you didn’t have FP’s.

We have been back a good amount post covid.
Weekdays are significantly lower wait times.
The last few times we went were short half days on Sundays and we were able to rope drop 2 or 3 rides before the lines start to get long.

We have snuck over a few times on weekdays and its dead in my opinion.

The last multiple day trip was about a month ago. We spent the night Thursday and hit HS first thing Friday at rope drop. Was able to ride every ride, ROTR,MFSR,SDD,TOT,RRC, TSM,RRC, MMR.
We were there all day, starting with SSD, then MFSR and were off them in less then 1 hour. The ride lines started to build. We had reservations at Olgas at 11:00.
After that, when a line wait was :30 or :45 minutes we would head over to that ride, watching the MDE app frequently. I found every time the wait times were less then reported.

With all that said, I haven’t been since labor day, when it looked ridicules.
Were going back Tuesday to MK, to catch the decorations.
Were taking the kids straight from school, so we well get there around 3-3:30.

I will try to do a trip report to accurately show the experience.

7 Likes

Hey G, please clarify because neither of your acronyms are on the acronyms page. What is MMRR and TSM ??

Are you suggesting those be our first two destinations for our day at HS? Thanks, Craig