HS Hours June 5

Hi there. The hours for June 5 went live today on Touring Plans. It shows HS closing at 5:30… Would that be accurate? I hope not! We have an event in MK that morning and were planning to hop to HS that evening.

1 Like

Not sure. But Disney’s own official calendar only goes through June 4…so I would check back in a day or two.

2 Likes

Looks like it really is closing early that day for a park buyout.

3 Likes

Cool. Makes me wonder how TP knew before Disney posted their updated calendar. Sure enough, June 5th is listed with the 5:30 closing.

2 Likes

Maybe they know someone that works for SAP :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That explanation is no fun. I prefer to think they have magical powers… :grin:

1 Like

Now I’m wondering if I should switch our park days so we go to HS that morning. :thinking: Are buy-out days usually less crowded? Seems like they would be.

3 Likes

I would think so.

2 Likes

I would think it would have the Party Effect and so yes would have lower crowds

1 Like

Conversely, do the other parks get super crowded on party days?

1 Like

I don’t think so because the people who wouldn’t go to the party park are spread across 3parks, da, and resorts as folks make alternate plans for the day

1 Like

So I went ahead and did this. I had originally planned an HS day for Friday that ended at like 4pm – didn’t even need the evening hours – so I decided to go ahead and swap that entire day out for Wednesday 6/5. Crossing my fingers for lower crowds that day. :crossed_fingers:

We were planning to go to dinner at Sebastian’s at CBR and keeping our car parked at HS, using the Skyliner to get there and back – any idea how long the Skyliner will remain open? Will it be the usual 1 hour past park close (5:30pm), or will they close it earlier to avoid impacting the private event? Paging @ThorKat.

2 Likes

This would be my guess. I wouldn’t count on it being open later because it closed for Jollywood but there is always a chance the company that bought out the park will pay to keep it running longer. Also keep in mind even if you can ride the SL back the parking lot trams might not be running when you get back.

If you have a car though why not just drive to dinner?

2 Likes

It’s our only chance to use the Skyliner for this short trip so I thought that would be fun. If dinner is 4:30 and we are done around the same time the park is closing, I will assume everything will be running though. Worst case I will walk and get my car to pick up the lazy kiddos. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ahhh, but will CBR let you board to travel to a closed park? It could be 5:30 by the time you are done eating and walk to the Skyliner. Here’s hoping they will allow it.

1 Like

Yeah I’m hoping so but if not I will take an Uber to get our car.

2 Likes

You can’t walk from CBR sweetie

2 Likes

I meant I could walk from the Skyliner to my car if the tram isn’t running. If the Skyliner isn’t running I’ll take an Uber.

1 Like

Oh :woman_facepalming:t2:

Haha

I was beginning to wonder if someone had taken over your forum account after I beat you in a Star Wars related where in the world yesterday and then I was thinking you didn’t know how to get around Disney World all of a sudden!

5 Likes

To be fair there are many things I still don’t know! Thankfully this forum exists.

4 Likes