HS Fast Pass question

If you have to use all of your fast passes (Group A and B) before you can get any more fast passes, wouldn’t it be better to get just 1 in Group A and then after using the group A FP, get a same day FP for another Group A attraction (and so on).

The way I understand it, if I got 1 Group A and 2 Group B FBs in advance I would have to use all 3 of these before getting another Group A (or B for that matter) day of. Then I wouldn’t be able to get another Group A until later in the day. On the other hand, if I only got the 1 Group A, I would be able to get another Group A earlier in the day (and thus more likely to be available).

Anything wrong with this way of thinking?

Jeff

It doesn’t work that way. You have to use both of the Tier 2 FPP to get another Tier 1.

1 Like

So, to clarify…I HAVE TO get 2 tier 2 FPPs (and use them) in order to get a 2nd tier 1???

I am suggesting not even bothering with Tier 2 and simply using the Tier 1 and then getting another Tier 1 the day of after using the first one.

Not trying to be redundant, I am just not sure I was super clear the first post.

Yes. That’s the crappy part.

1 Like

Yes. You have to use both of the Tier 2 FPP to get another Tier 1. If there aren’t Tier 2 shows you actually want to see you can “tap in” outside the show, but not actually enter. If you book Tier 2 FPP and don’t use it, the FPP should expire. However, this is glitchy. They don’t always delete after they time has passed.

Yes, if you’re staying in the same park.

You can simply tap in to the tier 2 FPs and not actually ride / watch it.

1 Like

Yes, you HAVE to get and use two Tier 2 before you can get another tier 1.

1 Like

I know this all applied when that Tier 1 is made in advance. What if none are made in advance, and you just do a Tier 1 the day of? Then could a person get another Tier 1 right away, without needing two Tier 2? I realize availability would be far less than ideal or none. But, in theory, would that let OP do it? TIA for doing this exercise.

No. You would still need to use or tap into two tier 2 FPs before making another tier 1 FP in the same park.

I’ll post this here, since it’s relevant. It’s in various other threads but it’s easier to just summarise:

1. You have three initial Fastpasses.

2. You may book up to three in advance. All those booked in advance must be in the same park.

3. If you choose to book only one or two FPs in advance, you may book the remainder on the day, once you check into the first FP.

4. If you want to remain in the same park, you must book and use all three initial FPs before booking others, one by one. For parks with tier rules, you must use two tier 2 FPs before booking another tier 1 FP.

5. If you choose to park hop, once you have used any pre-booked FPs in park #1, you can book the remainder of your initial FPs at another park(s). Any additional FPs in a park with tier rules must abide by those rules within a park, but not across multiple parks.

So, if you only pre-book FoP, you can book Test Track (at EPCOT) and TSMM (at DHS) as soon as you tap into FoP.

Or, you could book Test Track and Mission Space. You could not book TT and Soarin as #2&3.

If you pre-booked FoP as #1 and the Safari as #2, then as soon as you tap in for FoP you can go ahead and book #3 at any other park, any ride. But if staying in AK, then you must book another tier 2 FP.

Clearly this used AK as the example, but the same would be true if starting in DHS.

3 Likes