How was MNSSHP 2018?

Interested to hear from folks who liked/disliked MNSSHP this year. The reviews seem to be of the general sentiment that it gets more crowded every year, less bang for your buck (the the way many things seem to be going at WDW). Anyone have strong opinions on this either way? I know it’s a way off, but we are looking at a short October or Nov. trip, and considering it. We ruled it out last year and instead went to MK on a party day (but not for the party) for its lower crowds, and I don’t regret it, but still curious.

We had a fabulous experience! Granted we paid extra for the Premium dessert party, which included reserved seating for the parade as well as the fireworks. I would pay for that over and over. I’m not sure if it will be offered this year though. As far as the actual party outside of the dessert party, we focused on characters and not really any rides and we got to meet everyone we wanted and also got a couple rides in. But I think the only reason we were able to do this is because we had the dessert party and didn’t spend valuable time camping out for a spot. We had a little one so the second parade wasn’t an option. I’m not sure if that helps, but that was our experience!

1 Like

We didn’t like it. I don’t understand trick or treating thing … I can buy a huge bag of candy for like $8 at home, why waste time on that for $100 per person. I thought the lines for everything were long: characters, photos, rides. But I am an AP holder so I would have just have rather been at another park with a Fast Pass. The parade was nice but it was definitely a one and done for us.

1 Like

I think if you go in with the right expectations, it is great! If you are only going for trick or treat, maybe not so much. We have gone each year for the last couple of years (and are going again this year) but we focus on one thing (just characters or just rides) and don’t try to squeeze everything in. We don’t particularly care for trick or treating so if lines were short we would cruise through but if not, it wasn’t a big deal to skip. The last time we went, I really wanted our picture with the 7 Dwarves so we made that the priority. I also loved getting all of the magic shots. We rode a few rides and I love the parade so that was a must. We also went during the week so that may have been less crowded than a weekend day.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!