How “Touring Plans” are you?

The median in that case would be $20K I think? (@sanstitre_has_left_the_building?) and the mean would be something between $20K and $500K, depending on how many a bajillion is.

4 Likes

The way I was taught in school was that average is a squishy word that can mean mean, median or mode.

4 Likes

Disney World vacations aren’t cheap. To join and stay means you take several. To join before your first trip you are probably pretty experienced at planning vacations, which means you’ve taken many and to various places instead of just going to the lake house once a year. So Liners probably spend a LOT more on vacations than average.

East coast makes sense, because closer to DW.

15 Likes

The way I understand it is that 150k is the most frequent number. A millionaire in the group wouldn’t change the median but it would skew the mean.

4 Likes

This would be the mode!

2 Likes

That’s right!

1 Like

I would echo this - in addition to the number of DVC or AP members of Touring Plans. DVC is an investment, which is a cost that the average American might struggle to afford.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. Since joining 7 years ago I’ve been twice. I stay subscribed to support TP. And that’s because I enjoy being on the forums.

On the subject of average salari s, here in the UK the average salary is somewhere around £23k.

£75k would honestly only be attainable in certain professions.

3 Likes

With averages, it doesn’t take too many higher values to jump it up.

In the example below, increasing one of the 150 people in Col1 to 750 in Col2 almost doubled the average.

Regarding the average income: I know some income numbers can sound ginormous to people, but have to remember in a lot of the East Coast the cost of living is nuts.

When, for example I plug my town into the Best Places COL calculator and compare it to Albany in upstate NY that is close to average COL, it tells me you could have the same standard of living there for only $65K - such a bargain!

Note: this only replying to OBNurseNH because I happened to click on her reply in the thread. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Or they’ve read about how a trip to Disney takes planning and they turn to the internet for help.

2 Likes

Well you’re all rich in character to me. :heart:

10 Likes

Also, what is considered “East Coast”? Do you have to be in Eastern time? Or literally be on the coast? I put that I was in TN but now I’m overthinking :thinking:

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s just the time zone.

3 Likes

Is it though? I would not consider TN to be East Coast at all.

3 Likes

See I’m math dumb

I just noted two different terms being used in the same discussion and wanted to clarify.

4 Likes

TN isn’t in the Eastern Time Zone

I know - I just learned that recently myself :woman_facepalming:t3:

They are 1hr behind us :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No no, it’s east coast, just not “civilized society.” Totally different :rofl:

(i honestly don’t know what the stipulation is for “east coast”)

2 Likes

Some of it is.
Time Zone

9 Likes

Oh geez

Well my friends in TN are not East coast

There.

I should stop talking today LOL

5 Likes

Well nashville isn’t so…

3 Likes