How to register the use of rider switch in my plan?

Hi! I’m from the Netherlands, and will be flying in in April for 3 weeks with my husband, son (8yo) and daughter (2,5yo). We’ll be using rider switch for the more thrilling rides at some points. How do I build this into my touring plan?

3 Likes

When you add a ride that offers Rider Swap, the software will ask you if you are using Rider Swap. Then when your plan builds, you will see the ride 2xs with the second ride a much shorter wait (since Rider Swap line is, I believe, the LL line for the second go round).

2 Likes

Also, Welcome!! Ask away. Make sure to use the search feature too. So many great threads of info here.

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I’m kinda hesitant with asking. As I am not an English native speaker :slight_smile:
And i will (re)search a lot!

5 Likes

Is this a desktop feature? Because I can’t find it when using the app…

2 Likes

Rider Swap has changed with the website update.
In mobile, after you select “add+”, look below the ride. Tap “child swap”.

In desktop, after you select “add +”, lookto the left for the “child swap” symbol". Tap it.

Let me know if this works for you.

1 Like

The only caveat with this is I believe it will always put the 2nd ride immediately after the first ride. (Maybe it has changed?) If you want to ride “later” then you will probably need to do a manual entry.

FYI for the OP, you can hold the Rider Swap for the whole day but you must use it before you can get another one or you will have to give it up for a different one. You may only hold one at a time.

2 Likes

I think you can move them but does that change the wait time? I’m not sure as I’ve never tried that with a touring plan.

2 Likes

Hmmm I have a total different look and feel! And I don’t see an update possibility. Gosh I feel such an noob…

2 Likes

I could be wrong but @drvillarejos’s screen looks like the desktop version on a phone, whereas yours looks like the app. Click on the ellipsis … and see if there is an option to add rider swap there.

2 Likes

Ahh, yes. I don’t use the Lines app. I have an “app” that is really the mobile browser version on TP. I did a snap of this and the desktop view. I very rarely use the Lines app though.

3 Likes

I would suggest the mobile browser version in a web browser to be honest. It is superior for making a touring plan in my opinion. The lines app is good for day of, if you’re going to check things off and evaluate in the park.

3 Likes

So the Touring Plans Rider Switch just has you ride the same ride twice and it does not give you two “entries” in the plan. My work arounds have been to add a LL for it or just add it as a snack/break versus click “rider switch” within the plan.

2 Likes

Was this always the case? I’ve only created a few with RS. Maybe I did the same thing and made a second entry with LL access. :thinking:

2 Likes

I think it has been the case since I have been using it maybe starting in 2016? I know I used it heavily back in 2019 when we were able to combine RS with FP+ (ah the good old days) and my older son rode everything twice!

2 Likes

I know!!!

2 Likes

You can still do this to a degree in some cases. But it’s not as good as when you could bring 3 (sometimes more!) people back on the ride with you the second time.

True, true. I think I was reminiscing to the glory days of 2019 when I did not book FP+ for the 2nd party in the RS scenario so I had like a complex spreadsheet decision tree of who would ride once on the FP+ and then who would ride on just the RS and who would take the baby on something completely different using the leftover FP+!

2 Likes

Old School Disney Planning :raised_hands::raised_hands: uphill, both ways! :joy::crocodile:

1 Like