How to modify ADR to avoid no-show fee

How does this work? I’ve seen people reference this in posts before. Say I have a VN reservation for dinner on my Epcot day, but I enjoy so many snacks at the F&G kiosks that I’m not even hungry at my ADR time, can I go to modify my VN reservation to another day and then cancel later outside of the 24 hours?
For example:
I have Reservation on Tuesday at 630
On that Tuesday at 4, decide not to go to ADR, so I go on app and modify reservation until next Monday at 430
Then the following day, I cancel the reservation for next Monday
And I am not charged for a no-show?
Is that correct?

1 Like

Yup, that’s exactly it. At least that’s how it was when I did it last.

You modify it to a farther out day, and then cancel it all together.

2 Likes

Be careful not to leave it too late. The option to Modify disappears an hour or so before the ADR (can’t remember exactly when).

1 Like

Thanks! This is important info.

Yes it is. Didn’t know this. Going with Grandson in August and he’s a picky eater. May want to cancel within the 24 hour window but didn’t know how without incurring a $30 penalty. Modify and cancel on another day. Just the thing if need be. I am sure Disney will catch on to this if it is done too often, but for now it may be worth a go. Thanks. :rofl:

Ooh, I didn’t know about this one. Thanks for posting, @momfourmonkeys. I love learning this kind of stuff. You never know when you’ll need it.