How to make the most of Memory Maker

The Photo Pass studio at DS is a lot of fun, and a nice already-paid-for activity to do there if you have the MM. They have props and great backgrounds. If your kids have costumes, you could get pics they might love. Our boys used the light saber props with backgrounds inside the MF and inside starkiller base, I think. DH and I had a pic of us pretending to waltz in the Beast’s ballroom. We all had a great time!

1 Like

I believe it is about 45 days before they are no longer available. Be sure to check it out for yourself once you return, as it may change.

There is a One-Day Memory Maker option available at the Photo Shops, they don’t really advertise it online. It is available for around $89. We used this on our family’s one-day experience in April, getting as many photos as we could in that one day. It was pretty enjoyable. We had multiple photos taken, received on-ride photos that downloaded automatically to our account, and we received the new Haunted Mansion on-ride photo, so that was a surprise.

1 Like

There is a photo booth on the boardwalk that works with photopass.

3 Likes

So this is probably obvious, but do you ask for magic shots before or after they take your picture?

So they just show up? I don’t have to do anything special to make sure I have photos before I leave the park?

I appreciate your honesty! I guess I don’t feel as bad about forking out the money for MM after I cancelled an ADR that I wasn’t sure about in the first place. My DH is inclined to agree with you. He also really, REALLY hates handing over his phone for someone else to take a picture (a camera might have been dropped, once upon a time, by random guy at a baseball game :rofl::anguished:)

Thank you I booked mark this so I can check it the night before and make notes.

1 Like

Antisocial person that you are. You probably go around lying to kids telling them that Santa and the Easter bunny is not real also.

I’m just kidding with you. I’m just a big kid when it comes to characters. I know they are not real it is more of a symbol. Sometimes it just feels like a lot of fun and I get excited to see Mickey or my favorite GOOFY.

Replace Santa with Mickey or Goofy and that could be me.
2 Likes

Ours started showing up on the MDE app soon after having pictures taken. We were all using new Magic Bands (2.0), that is critical for the on-ride photos to automatically link. Other than a small issue with our Memory Maker purchase at the very start of the day, it all worked pretty smoothly. Of course, if you notice something missing later in the day, you can stop into the photo shop at the park and they can find a missing photo and tie it to your account.

I would ask before hand.

Going to get an AP for I and my wife. They talk free photo shoots with AP. Is this the same as free Memory Maker or something different?

That guide is amazing…thank you for that link! Super helpful!

One last question…I promise. After I purchased, I noticed that to see any pictures (granted, I don’t have any yet, obviously) I need to enter a 16 digit code from my card. What card are they talking about? I leave in 8 days. They aren’t sending me a card, right? Do I pick it up…GS? Pop upon checking in?

You get cards at certain shows (Jedi training, Enchanted Tales with Belle). If you want to load those photos into your Memory Maker, you enter the code from the card they give you.

You shouldn’t have to get any cards or use any codes unless you participate in shows like those. Other photos (ride or PhotoPass) should just appear once they start taking them.

1 Like

Thank you! So just clarifying…do the photographers scan our band? How do they know we have the MM?

I lied…I have so many questions :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, they simply scan your band. Easy!

1 Like

I checked my photos everyday before I left the parks. My DD had a problem every so often on picture did not upload to my MM account so I would stop in the photo shop before we left and they uploaded it no problem it only took a few minutes to do this.

2 Likes

Be on the lookout for photographers standing around without a line. Tan vests, blue shorts, usually. We stopped pretty much whenever we saw one with 3 or fewer groups in line, because they move pretty quickly. Check them on your phone (assuming you have magic bands) so you can circle back around if you hate your castle photos or whatever is important to you. Try to get photos pre park opening and also on your way out at the end of the day/night. One of our favorites is Epcot ball all lit up at night. That photographer also suggested we have DS2 take a photo alone which we hadn’t thought of and loved having.
We also did a good number of character meets, so we got a bunch of photos of those.
The photographers scan your band after taking your photos. I always forgot this, but they always asked.

@DocHopper, MM is included in AP.

4 Likes

Have fun! Stop at any photographer you see without a line. Some of my
Favorite photos were ones taken in less iconic places that the photogs use because they create beautiful photos! The props and magic shots are silly, but I always do them and they are a fun, dorky, cheesy addition to my vacation photos. I always swipe my band on rides, just in case the ride doesn’t pick up the band. Be aware that on 7DMT there is not a place to do this after the ride. So make sure everyone has in their magic bands while riding so that the ride will give you the photos.

If you do JTA or ETWB, you get the card to scan. Instead of scanning it yourself or entering the code yourself, if convenient, I highly recommend taking the card to the photopass location (next to town hall in MK) and let them scan it. They will only put the pictures with your family on your account. If you do it yourself, you get everyone’s pictures from that session - so lots of strangers,

4 Likes

Yes you get Memory Maker with an AP.