How to handle mornings at HS

I still don’t understand how Disney manages to make “let me spend more money” instead of “let me skip this” be the default reaction to “the park is really awful now” :yum:

3 Likes

Looks like my morning, afternoon & evening will be spent mostly waiting in lines unfortunately. This was a last minute (for us) decision and we only have 2 park days.

It’s rather quiet re M&MRR. It opens tmrw right? Interesting to see what difference it makes.

300 minute wait time for MMRR…

Finally, we did 3 half days in HS (on our 4 day-trip)

First day (monday 02/03):
Got Low BG (12)
Had FP+ set up in the morning
Hop to Epcot in the Afternoon

Second day (Tuesday 03/03):
Got High BG (86) “on purpose”: We decided to try at 8:00:40 instead of 8:00:02 and ended up with that group. We were very happy.
Hop to Epcot at 8:05 to RD, than rest at the hotel via Skyliner after lunch.
Back in HS in the afternoon for RotR (called at 14:30)
FP+ in HS in the afternoon / early evening
Evening in HS with short wait almost everywhere

Third day (Thursday 06/03):
Got Low BG (12 again)
Had FP+ set up in the morning / early afternoon
Fly-out home in the evening

I would say that my second day was the most pleasant of the 3. HS in the evening is SO MUCH LESS crowded than in the morning (and cooler too… and the lands are prettier too…)
For someone having two days in HS (even without Park Hopper), I would recommand doing at least one evening in HS, even if it means to leave the park right after you get your BG and take a break at hotel / visit Disney Spring / take a long breakfast in the Boardwalk if you want some energy left at the end of the end.
The crowds are massive in the morning and it really drains energy.
This strategy is probably the most solid if you cannot have a good line-up of FP+ in the morning.

The drawback is the risk of non being able to ride RotL that day if the ride has a bad day, because you don’t want to target a low BG.
That’s why it is efficient if you have two days in HS, but maybe too risky if you only have one.

3 Likes

Thanks for this great info. I want to try something similar, as we have other FP’s until about 11:30am before we want to venture into GE, so don’t want the BG called too soon. Thinking of waiting at least until 8:00:20 or 25 to hit the final button, so I safely get the other things on the schedule done first but also still have a chance at a BG and not a BBG, just in case. Probably a pretty tight window to check both those boxes though.

Great info. You tried ALL the different options and seems like you were successful. Thanks for reporting back.
Looking to tweak my plans but still have months to wait but wondering how long it took to go from HS to Epcot at RD and then in the afternoon? Estimate the from time tapstyle to tapstyle incl. security if you can.

We left HS at 8:05 and were in the Skyliner at 8:09 and we were off at 8:27 (18 mins).

Very few people at RD at the IG.
Did FEA (9:00 - 9:13) and Soarin’ (8:23 - 8:49) SB.

2 Likes