How to handle mornings at HS

Ideas if being inside the park gets unbearable:

• Skyliner around the world (I did this on my DHS day, would recommend)
  • Boat to boardwalk + ice cream
3 Likes

Ooooo this is a good idea - I have been wanting to fit this in and this could be a good way to escape the madness if my first timer friend gets overwhelmed

1 Like

We were there yesterday and we didā€¦basically nothing. Went straight to Jedi training signups when we arrived, literally got to the front of the line at 7:57 so were signing up my son with apps open and only half paying attention. Scores BG4. Headed to TSL thinking weā€™d rope drop TSM but by the time we got there the wait was 55 minutes and our group had been called so headed to Galaxyā€™s Edge. I rode with my older son while my husband and younger son wandered the world and mobile ordered a Ronto Wrap. The plan was for my older son to go again with my husbandā€™s rider swap but he said it was too scary so then I took them both for a walkabout and got a Ronto wrap of my own. By the time we met back up it was 9:35 so we headed to our first FPPs (2 for Star Tours, 2 for AS2) before regrouping for our 10:05 Droid Depot.

Thanks. Should have checked that. VotLM starts at 10:00 am on our HS day, and BatB starts at 11:00.

So, with MuppetVision, our RD and possibly FP in the morning, hopefully weā€™ll avoid the mass of crowds for everything else.

Who knows, maybe weā€™ll score a RotR BG that gets us on at 10:00. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My tentative plan for our August trip is to book fastpasses for as early as possible (usually I start FP around two hours after park opening) since everything will have a long wait. I will also use the early morning time to play the interactive things in GE.

Even though we are staying at YC, Iā€™m not going to arrive 90 min before park opening to RD a ride with a short wait (I will show up before park open for the boarding group assignment). We will have two full days at HS (and possibly an additional 1/2 day if we decide to go there the day we leave too).

I really enjoyed riding SDD during my September trip by showing up 5 minutes before closing and hopping in line (plus I loved it so much more at night), so Iā€™ll use that technique at least once as well, and may do that instead of getting SDD FP+.

We made Ogaā€™s reservations for one day and Savis & Droid for the other day. We are also expecting to do Jedi training the second day, but that may move around. We will be able to get back to YC and take a break mid-day if we want too.

Since Iā€™m scheduling FPs 30 days out, AND because I have to schedule them for 7 people, I really canā€™t get decent FPs early. Iā€™ll be lucky if I can get one for RnRC in the morningā€¦most likely, based on what Iā€™ve been seeing in 30 day availability, Iā€™ll be able to pull off a RnRC in the afternoon. I also plan on TSM in the evening and ASS just before it. Once off TSM, weā€™ll do SDD in the evening (after dinner, closer to closing) to take advantage of the shorter waits.

ToT I donā€™t think weā€™ll pull off a FPP for regardless, so that I hope to do immediately after obtaining a BG (hopefully). From what I can tell, is the best choice of a ride to do at RD right now.

Anyhow, this leaves MMRR, MFSR, and Star Tours (plus shows, including IJ and MV3D in the very least) to get done. Also, just looking around SWGE, etc.

ETA: We are doing an additional half-day at HS later in the weeks.

You might luck out on a ToT morning FP. Iā€™ve been watching ours (for mid-March - CL10) and that was one that was available after 30 days.
Also, depending on how they set park hours, they might not extend them until youā€™re within the 30 day window. Then, that 8:00-hour FP is a free-for-all.

1 Like

I should say, I think weā€™ll manage a ToT FP for our second HS dayā€¦not only are we going in the afternoon, but the CL is predicted to be a 2 that day. But, Iā€™m hoping to RD it on our first day because, wellā€¦it is an awesome ride. :slight_smile:

You might also be able to use the 9:31 drop to move FPs earlier, which would help.

Without any FP early in the morning, I think your best bet is the get the best FPs possible in the afternoon and RD Epcot after getting a BG.

I would rather do this strategy twice (replacing your full day at Epcot if you got one) than being Ā« stuck Ā» at HS in the morning with nothing to do.

We were there this morning:
Arrived at HS at 7:25
Got BG12 (lucky)
RD TSM (8:03-8:20)
At 8:23, the wait time for AS2 was 45 minutes with only one side running. The extended queue was already openā€¦
Took a guess on Star Tour (posted 30 mins), which was a good guess (8:30-8:57).
Probably the only ride that could be made with a 30 mins of less wait as a second ride.
I was than able to use my FPs early on and my RotR BGā€¦ but without them, hard to get some fun with lines at 80 mins+ everywhereā€¦

I have my FPs for the afternoon tomorrow at HS and we plan to get a BG for RotR and take the Skyliner to RD Epcot.
Epcot can easily be done with two RD without FPs.
HS can now be done with 2 days of FPs and 2 evenings (where lines are half the lines at 8:30amā€¦)

1 Like

Interesting thought. I assume you are going to tap in, leave and acquire BG before tapping into Epcot for RD. As Iā€™m planning our next trip, I had planned the exact opposite of this as I thought maybe Epcot could be done in 2 afternoons/evenings without FPP. But this idea has me rethinking. Iā€™d planned the opposite mainly b/c I prefer to eat dinner in Epcot, and wandering WS in the 7-9 pm range sounds better than HS. Will think about this.

The timing of a ROTR BG if they still have them when my trip rolls around is tricky to plan if you arenā€™t just staying in HS all day. What if you get BG 2 for example while you are at Epcot? But on the other hand, maybe youā€™ll get BG 109?

I have started fiddling with TP for our December trip. After making a few plans, including HS, I had a momentary thought of, maybe I donā€™t want to even go. The wait times for HS look horrendous, as do the wait times for Ratatouille and anything newer. Even plugging in hoped for FPP still leaves lengthy waits.

1 Like

For our BG strategy, Iā€™ll Ā« try Ā» to get Ā« medium Ā» BGā€¦ something that will give us a return in the afternoon.
Iā€™ll try to log in at 8:00:30ā€¦ we will see how it works !

If you like ending your day in Epcot (We like it to, but we want to see SWGE at night on this short (3,5 days) trip, you could go back to Epcot after youā€™re done with RotR and your FPs in HS.
Sure, Itā€™s another trip between HS and Epcot, but itā€™s 20 mins using the Skyliner.

If you can get your FPs early in the morning in HS, youā€™ll be fine (with hopefully a low BG) and keep your strategy with your evenings at Epcot.

If you cannot get your FPs early in the morning in HS, than I suggest to get a BG and than RD Epcot.
From 8:00 to 10:00, thereā€™s really nothing to do:

• No shows
  • With the exception of the Launch Bay, characters go out at 9:00 with crazy lines
  • SWGE is very crowded, as everybody need something to do
1 Like

The idea of grabbing a BG at HS, then heading over to EPCOT is a good oneā€¦except that we donā€™t have park hoppers. And considering the running budgeted total for this 7-person trip is now $9247 (of which all but $1548 has been paid for, and the remainder is sitting in my bank account), Iā€™m not really willing to add anything else on. :slight_smile: So, I just have to make sticking around HS work!

1 Like

I said the same thing. Iā€™ve never liked the vibe of HS. Sure, it has some great attractions (and I havenā€™t been since ROTR and MFSR and soon MMRR), but I just donā€™t feel magic there like I do at the other three parks. And with the RD waits being particularly huge, itā€™s a challenging park to tour. Iā€™m planning two partial days and two sets of FPP for HS but maybe Iā€™ll only do those, catch a show, hope for ROTR, and spend the majority of my day elsewhere.

2 Likes

We are not going until October, so itā€™s likely that this plan will change, but I have DS2 and DS5 so we will plan to tap into HS and most likely just leave and go do breakfast at Topolinoā€™s! Then do our fastpasses in the late morning hour.

My group only has one day at HS with no park hopper, so we are in a similar boat. Our plan is to grab a BG, RD one ride (probably not a headliner), use our 8:30 FP for TSM and then hop on the Skyliner for breakfast at Pop. Return around 10am when the shows start and our other FPs kick in.

The only attractions that my DGD 4 and DGD 2 and I will do are the shows and TSM. My DD will do those plus RnRC and ToT. It is DH, DS and Dsil who will be doing the things in SWGE. I am planning spme partial days at HS, but I think I will make 2 plans for each of those times, one for the guys and one for the girls. And, I may plan that the girls and I go to a different park on at least one of the days. Plus, if I can get the right FPP, maybe the girls wonā€™t rope drop HS. We shall see what it is like by December.

So non-ride stuff pre 11 AM.

If you havenā€™t been to GE before, there are many many many details to spend time gaping over if you are a big Star Wars fan. Old trilogy, new, The Mandolorian, etc. If I was alone, I could have spent half a day absorbing all the outdoor spaceships/droids plus the monster heads, helmets, and whatnot in all the shops. Another really entertaining thing to do is follow the storm troopers around for a few minutes. They are just hilarious, it never gets old for me. I also hear the phone game is very funā€¦ it will also prompt the stormtroopers to harass you if you have the game outā€¦ so study up on your come-backs. :slight_smile:

3 Likes