How to get to Chef Mickey's Breakfast

That reminds me, has anyone heard anything about the Friendship boats coming back anytime soon on Crescent Lake?

@Tall_Paul1 for the win. Thank you!

With Epcot not opening until 11 or 12, nothing is really being sacrificed, which is why I had planned to do a breakfast/brunch beforehand.

I did just hear something about that in the last few days. I think they are now operational?

Not sure if they are open yet, but may be soon. I think this must be what you saw…DFBGuide reports they have been seen testing them.

I’d be very happy if they open before our December trip.

1 Like

hahaha … I was thinking of this DFB post after reading the question

Me too. Thanks for the update. We usually keep up on the DFB news but I must have missed this one. Walking is fine, but having another more relaxed option back to the resort after a long day of walking is a good tool to have in the toolbox. I know this wouldn’t make up for the Peoplemover, but beggars can’t be choosers I guess.

A good alternative I just thought of for my Epcot day is to have breakfast at Topo’s around 9:30ish, and use the Skyliner to get there (I’m assuming Riviera-CBR route is open at that time). By the time our meal is over, Skyliner should be running to Epcot as well.

That will work. Just make sure you get into line at the AoA/Pop station as early as possible! The Skyliner cannot handle rope-drop crowds right now as it is getting to be extraordinarily long. When we were there in August it took us 56 minutes from the time we got in line at the station until we were getting off at HS.

It is a good question about if the Riviera line is running then. I PRESUME so, since Riviera folks would want to get to HS as well via Skyliner, unless there is an alternate means early on. I’m trying to remember if they were letting folks onto the EPCOT line from the CBR station at that point in August, but I honestly can’t recall!