How to factor in Tiana's Bayou Adventure in TP?

We will be visiting in late August and want to factor in the new ride. Right now I just have it forced in to my plan as a 60 min break. Does anyone know for sure if this will this be a LL option or a BG? Assuming its up and running for late August ?

3 Likes

They haven’t announced an opening date so it could really be any time this year. They may have said summer at some point but they could push it back if it’s not ready. So I would not count on it at all.

That said, when it opens it will likely follow the same pattern as Tron and GotG, meaning ILL and BG. If so, 7DMT would likely drop to Genie+.

The question is whether Tron would drop to standby only. They have only had Tron standby once to my knowledge — during an MK After Hours event. It may be too soon to drop it from VQ. And they have never had two attractions with VQ in the same park to my knowledge. :thinking:

I’ll have to think about this.

4 Likes

I’m torn about whether this will happen or for long. Splash Mountain usually didn’t get busy until around 10-11am when it was hot. Is TBA going to be consistently busy all day for more than a few months? Will they switch ILL from 7DMT temporarily, permanently, or not at all? Maybe they will have three ILL options in one park? (Unlikely since guests can only purchase 2 per day, but possible.)

3 Likes

They had VQ for Journey of Water when it first opened, while GOTG kept using VQ those days. It was such a short time, it probably didn’t really get noticed. :smirk:

3 Likes

That’s right! But it wasn’t a 7am VQ. It just opened when the line started to build I believe.

3 Likes

This would be great, but I realize maybe unlikely. I do think TBA will take the heat off of 7DMT at least a little bit? Hoping for the best! But will plan on it not even being open. This will be our first time on Tron, so theres that :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I love Tron! Hope you do too.

1 Like

The current language is “late 2024”, but I have read other speculation that it will open earlier. Best for Disney to set conservative expectations and then if possible surprise us with an earlier opening.

This is what I think too … but purely speculation.

Of course, we also don’t know how the “coming in 2024” changes to G+ and LL bookings will change things up.

3 Likes

I think that is a good plan for now. That is how I am currently handing for a November trip until we know more.

2 Likes

I would make 2 plans - I with and 1 without. 60 minutes seems reasonable to me. It will probably be BG at first but Len said he saw it as Tier 1 in the new G+ mock ups.

3 Likes

My hopes are now a few notches higher for my Aug trip!
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/walt-disney-world-news/tianas-bayou-adventure-opens-summer-2024-in-disney-world/

2 Likes

This post is just really ironic because I remember having Ratatouille in my plans at least over a year before it actually opened. I think I had it factored into plans for two trips and it wasn’t open for either of them.

I hope it is open for you!

2 Likes

I have no idea if I should plan for it to be open by early June. I’m guessing not, but if it is open that would be both a blessing and a curse!

1 Like

Maybe it’ll take the heat off of chronically long waits for 7DMT and Space?

1 Like

One can hope.

1 Like