How themed is the Halloween cruise?

We are booking a last minute cruise and it just so happens the cheapest option is a Halloween on the High Seas cruise – how Halloween-y is it? Will we still get to experience the usual entertainment or is it all replaced by Halloween related things? We like Halloween but aren’t obsessed or anything, and this is our first Disney cruise (just 3 nights to try it out!)

1 Like

The shows in the theater will remain the same. There will be decorations up around the ship. I think they still have Pirate Night, but not positive on a 3-night. Those are SO SHORT.

1 Like

Thanks! I know 3 nights is super fast and I’d much prefer to go longer but it’s a totally last minute “let’s book the cheapest one” kind of trip with just one of my kids. If we love it we’ll definitely do a longer one with the whole fam!

2 Likes

The regular shows are there but there’s lots of Halloween stuff to do as well.

The 7 night cruise is actually cheaper per day, just FYI. #DisneyMath longer cruise is cheaper.

3 Likes

This is sounding awesome to me and I so wish I could go. I love Halloween theming though. I haven’t been on a DCL or any cruise, my 2020 cruise was rebooked several times and I ended up not being able to go. But what drew me to cruising in the first place was DCL. I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them honestly, from what I see on you tube etc.

1 Like

Oh I’m sure that math works out but the rage of my other 2 kids if I take DD for a 7 night cruise alone will cost me more haha!

2 Likes

I’m doing a 3 night next month and I’m pretty sure there is a pirate night. I have never done the holiday themed ones but I think it’s what everyone else said. There’ll be characters in halloween costumes and maybe halloween games/dances and such but go check out:
Personal Navigators • The Disney Cruise Line Blog
You can look for previous 3 night cruises with halloween themes and get an idea of what the options are.

Here’s an example I found from pre-covid:

There’s lots of non-Halloween things and there is a Pirate night:
Personal-Navigators-Dream-3N-Bahamian-Day-2-Nassau-20191019.pdf (disneycruiselineblog.com)

2 Likes

This is so helpful thank you so much!

1 Like

I did the four night Halloween on the High Seas in October 2021. Pirate night and Halloween dress up were the same night. Cruising had just started back the last of August/first of September so the deck parties were were small and limited. I’m sure all that has changed by now. A big bag of candy was left in our room. Still lots of characters. They played Nightmare Before Christmas and had Jack and Sally there. I’m guessing the full party is back now.

2 Likes

We booked it and I’m super excited! Found an amazing deal since it’s so soon on a VGT room.