How soon do you pack?

@Wenmoo @OBNurseNH as a mom of 6 I’ve appreciated many OB nurses. A few in particular did right by me big time.

3 Likes

I visited the Grand canyon. We flew to Vegas, rented a car and drove around the Grand canyon.

1 Like

I typically pack the day/night before. I travel regularly for work, and packing for a WDW trip is not really all that different for me. I always drive, so if I over-pack, it’s no big deal. I sometimes get my electronic/photography stuff together 2 days before the trip. If my wife comes with me, she packs her own stuff - also only a day or two before the trip. If we had kids, it might be a different story.

2 Likes

I have already started planning outfits for our June trip :grin: and am glad to hear I’m not the only one! I also keep a travel box with most of the items on @OBNurseNH list. My additional items are some clothes pins and a kit that has extra charges for all our electronics. It makes it so much easier to just grab the kit and not have to worry about packing your charger at the last minute.

3 Likes

That is smart. Should add this!

We bring a drying rack on our longer trips too. It fits easily into one of the suitcase. It’s super helpful for drying a family’s worth of bathing suits or other wet things.

A few things in my box I did not see mentioned are cooling towels, clothes pins (several uses), antibacterial wipes, stain wipes, sunscreen samples, travel size umbrellas, Swiss army knife, extra charging cables, a roll up packing/compression bag for wet cloths (waterpark travel).

2 Likes

I tend to ‘overpack’ and then downsize a day or 2 before we leave. I always have a ‘box’ of Disney stuff throughout the year ready to go. I tend to get so excited I pack everything, then a few days before realize I don’t really need all those clothes! I never wear most of it!

This is sooo me! Each time I say I am going to start earlier, but then I don’t!

1 Like

I do a modified version of this. I got each of us toiletry kits and restock them (they are left in each of our suitcases), then I carry a small duffle with family meds, first aid kit, extra charging cords, and anything else I think we may get need. I keep it packed and just before our trips I tweek it to suit the particular trip we are taking. The clothes don’t get packed until the night before (if I am lucky!).

I made a packing list in excel and I add to or remove things as the trip approaches. I don’t usually store all the things we need as we use them here as well, but I start collecting/Amazon ordering/grabbing at Target the things we may need specific for Disney (ponchos, autograph books, Dis shirts, wipes, small containers of OTC meds, first aid kit, moleskin, etc) a while before we go. This trip we are going including extra travel days for 11 days so I will probably pack our regular toiletries. Actual packing usually occurs 2-1 day before we leave. I usually pack for me, DH, and 2 younger kids and give the two older kids a list from the packing list. I added a couple of thing

This made me wonder-people have reported that the new rooms at Pop are good for charging all the devices. We will have two rooms there, but should I still bring a power strip for extra outlets?

1 Like

How many electrical thingies are you bringing? There were certainly more outlets (including USB) than I needed for my four devices.

1 Like

That’s encouraging–we’ll have 4 iphones, 2 ipads, 2 fitbits, 1 apple watch–but between 2 rooms/6 people. So, looks like we’ll be good even if I don’t remember to bring it. Thanks!

1 Like

That’s exactly what I say and it never happens.

Same

I have and modify and excel sheet as well!

There are two usb ports at every outlet. With two room you should be OK. We had 3 phones, 2 ipods, 2 tablets, 3 power banks in one room. I bring a USB 6 port charger instead of multiple power adapters.

2 Likes

Good call on the power port–I have a 4 port that I will definitely bring as I forgot about charging the portable batteries as well as the devices. Thanks!

!!!

We do have 6 people–2 adults, 2 teens, 2 kids–at least. But yeah, we’ll use ALL the electricity at Pop-lol

1 Like

When we travel we have about the same amount of technology and there is only 4 of us!

I try not to take my home charger and take a space one.