How reliable is the monorail?

OK, so boat it is, then.

But monorail from GF to MK, yes?

1 Like

Yes–it’s just one stop.

If you must. There is also a boat. :smile:

Depends on your level of excitement for Monorails. :wink: :smiley:

Personally, I find any monorail ride to be magical; YMMV.

In all my trips I’ve only had one occasion when the monorail was not working. We were lucky and just hoofed it to CR for our CM reservation.

I would probably have a plan B at the ready if it were time sensitive.

I’d probably take the boat. It’s the first stop off the boat and the very last stop off the resort loop.

It’s pretty cool if its not jam packed. If it’s jam packed it’s nothing special and often stinky

But in that case boat goes to Poly first and so takes much longer than the one-stop monorail route

Monorail from GF to MK is definitely quickest as the boat option stops at the Poly before the MK.

Both are great. The resort boats are great. But for me, the monorail is true iconic WDW. And yes, going through the Contemporary really is fun. You have to do it at least once.

However, I would probably do the boat. Save the monorail for a time when you can do a complete loop round the lake. And the Epcot loop too, for that matter!

2 Likes

Gotcha, didn’t know that.

Clarify: picks up at GF and goes to Poly before going to MK.

So MK to GF, I’m taking the boat. GF to MK, I’ll take the monorail.

Presumably an Uber would be ridiculous as the distance is 100ft or something?

1 Like

You can’t Uber to or from MK. The nearest you could get would be the Contemporary.

1 Like

So it’s literally boat or nothing?

And from the Contemporary to WL — boat or nothing, too?

Oh, or Minnie Van, lol.

From the Contemporary you can get a boat to WL. Or walk to MK and get a bus.

Where are you wanting to Uber to and from? I thought you were talking GF. In which case you can take the monorail or boat.

I’m not. But someone said I should have a Plan B.

So boat is plan A, monorail plan B.

Even for you, you’re seriously over-planning here! :rofl:

I think the thread got carried away with itself. All I really wanted to know was: is the extra time and possible risk of taking the monorail from MK to GF worth the spectacular views? It seems to be the consensus that it is not. So I’ll aim to take the boat instead.

I’m getting some monorail action in: I’m doing TTC to Epcot. And GF back to MK.

1 Like

You should do a complete loop of the 7 seas lagoon, honestly!