How much rest time for mid-day break at hotel?

Most days I am allowing 3-4 hours rest in my TP to go back to on-site resort for nap. On HS day, time is short. If we leave the park at 1:15 and need to be back at the park entrance at 3:20, will that be enough time to bus back to AoA for a 45-min rest?

1 Like

I think that is going to be tight and possibly not relaxing at all.

Would you be open to finding a quiet spot in the park to take a break?

Your 3-4 hour block is realistic and should work well.

2 Likes

I would think if you take a taxi or Uber it may work but not Dsiney transportation.

1 Like

For any rest in WDW to be worth it, it is best for you to have a minimum 3-4 hour block. And I would lean heavily toward the 4. On our first trip with kids we had allotted only 3 hrs one day, and it was crazymaking and, as @disney1974 said, was not the relaxing moment it was intended to be. More like those times when you’re awake in the night and you think to yourself, “If I fall asleep right NOW! I will have XX amount of sleep.” It was silly. That extra hour makes all the difference.

2 Likes

I agree with @disney1974; trying to travel to the resort for a rest less than an hour would be no rest at all. One alternative to staying in the park might be to take the boat circuit that goes to the Epcot resorts and the International Gateway at Epcot (I’m not sure what the order is) and back to HS. Not sure how long that would take, but assuming the weather is nice that could be a relaxing break from the constant stimulus the parks provide.

2 Likes

@longwalk That is a great suggestion. The only caveat would be if the purpose of the break was for a nap time. The boats are surprisingly loud and the benches lack basic comfort. But, if you’re just looking for a break from the crowds and to give your feet a rest, that’s a terrific idea.

1 Like

Very true about lack of comforts…but then I have spent my share of time napping on uncomfortable wooden pews… :grinning:

2 Likes

That is hilarious!!!

1 Like

If the purpose is a nap, well, then you go to Universe of Energy :smiley:

1 Like

I actually have fallen asleep on that ride. Not kidding. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Carousel of Progress in MK is great for a nap, too! :smiley:

1 Like

that would not be worth the break in my opinion. it would be a rush to take a break which defeats the purpose. allow at least 45 min from the time you leave the park to get back to your hotel if you are using disney buses and at least another 45 to get back b/c you never know how long you have to wait for the dang bus. and then i would think you need at least 90 min at the hotel to make the break worth it so that is al least 3 hours. 2 hours doesn’t seem worth it to leave the park.

I would allow for 4 hours as waiting for transportation, the drive itself, then walking to your room will take at least an hour (and the same for the reverse). By the time to get to your room, clean up, etc. it doesn’t give all that much time for a good rest. If, by any chance, you catch a bus as it’s coming in, and find yourself with excess time, you can always head back to the parks earlier than planned. I would rather have the latter scenario than to feel rushed as that’s just not relaxing and it is a vacation. ; )

Maybe sit in a show that is relaxing, Beauty and the Beast is fairly long but not air conditioned. You are at least sitting for a long period of time. Or walk over to the Epcot area resorts – Swan/Dolphin has a nice sandy area around the lake with a playground that we found very peaceful. Also, the pool at the Swan isn’t gated and has a bar.