How Much Does Your Family Help With Planning?

Pretty much zero help. DW will usually ask for a restaurant or 2 but I will plan it all. Like everyone else on here I think planning is part of the fun. In the end it works out I plan all our Disney trips and she plans all our international adventures, she does a great job. We know what each other likes.

My wife and I enjoy planning together. I love the planning part-and I love the metaplanning!

1 Like

I involve my kids (21 and 17) in as much of the planning as possible. We usually just travel the three of us. They are totally into the rides so, they have my MDE log in and do all of the advanced and SDFP’s. I am along for the ride at that point! I also involve them in where we stay (we like to try different resorts) and where are ADR’s are.

1 Like

Zero camp here. I considered it a win when DH was able to correctly identify which park ToT is in :rofl:

4 Likes

Pretty much none. I have tried to involve them but seem content to let me do the planning. I usually just ask what are any must dos and what are their dining requests.

1 Like

I am the planner for Disney and pretty much all of our other trips too. It’s my thing. I have 3 kids and one of them takes an active role esp where theme parks are concerned. The other two can’t even remember what the rides are. My husband adds answers as needed about what he’d like to do. He would never do this obsessive planning on his own. When we’re there everyone has been pretty happy with my planning choices. I do wonder however about this year b/c my kids are much older and I think some of the stuff will seem too “little kid” to them. That is why I will often have us split up into groups with me taking the youngest child to meet and greets etc. while the older kids and Dad do thrill rides.

1 Like

DH and I plan together in that I make a plan and then he changes it. :laughing: The kids give me input on what they do not want to do. After several years of creating a TP and not following it because DH does not like to be told what to do, this coming January we’re doing it my way from the start, letting the TP app dictate where we go and when. Wish me luck!

1 Like

Good luck with that! I’ve always been lucky that my family likes to follow the touring plans. But a friend of mine just went in August and her husband was like yours. He hated being told where they needed to go next and wouldn’t follow the plan at all. She’s trying to figure out if there is a way to trick him into the plan for their next trip! :wink:

1 Like

I think what I’ve realized from thinking about planning is that I want my family to be interested in all the details of planning so that I have people to discuss it all with endlessly. But then I want them to let me create my plan and follow it without complaint. Is that so wrong? :rofl:

1 Like

That’s what we’re here for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes