How much do you spend on food?

I’ve been doing the budget for my December trip and literally looking up menus and prices to get a decent estimate.

For four of us, seven nights, it’s coming out at about $3,000. That’s all food and soft drinks that involve sitting at a table. So it doesn’t include snacks or alcohol. Food choices range from Ronto Roasters breakfast wrap to dinner at Citrico’s.

2 Likes

Two of us, 8 nights at Disney, plus 5 additional days travelling and visiting friends, we have $1180 budgeted. This includes roughly one table service meal per day, snacks, and a few drinks with alcohol throughout the trip. The rest of our food is counter service, or food we’ll eat in the room (breakfast, etc).

2 Likes

I honestly have no idea.

I feel fortunate that I just get what I want.

6 Likes

That’s what I usually do, but I have a responsibility to my friends this time. They’re on the Mousematt Dining Plan. They’re paying an agreed fixed amount in advance, so I need to stick to the budget.

5 Likes

I use to budget whatever the regular dining plan would cost us.

2 Likes

I would budget $75 per person per day for one QS, one TS and a snack. I’d say $75-$100 per day should be good unless you’ve got some expensive meals planned or someone who is going to drink around the world. We order Amazon Fresh for breakfast things we can eat while waiting for the bus/skyliner.

5 Likes

Three grand sounds about right to me. This past spring I went with two other women for 7 nights, and the three of us split virtually all food and drink costs at about $750 each. That includes everything—10 TS meals, a bunch of QS meals, snacks, and a fair quantity of cocktails. But we’re not big eaters (in terms of quantity) so for most meals we shared all courses. (At Sanaa, e.g., our total bill was $151, and we left the table full.)

4 Likes

We spend, on average, $100 per day per person

5 Likes

I think that sounds about right.

1 Like

I think I’d estimated $2k for me and the kid for 2 weeks, not including snacks.

3 Likes

Two adults, an 11 and 14. We typically ate two QS meals ($50-65 per meal for 4 adults meals - often not a combo and rarely ordered drinks). Had snacks, uncrustables, and drinks from groceries and ate breakfast in the room 1/2 the time. Probably another $40 per day on ice cream, alcohol ,etc. We ate a TS meal twice. Those days were about $350. Without counting the groceries we were around $2,000-$2,100 for 10 days which I was pretty happy with.

2 Likes

You’re either paid very handsomely, or Disney is everything to you. That’s a lot of after-tax dollars…

Trying to understand what this response is directed at?

1 Like

Sorry, I replied directly to the main thread, and I assumed it would nest the reply. I’m just amazed after all of the other Disney expenses, that there’s $3000 (nearly $5000 in pre-tax dollars) remaining to spend on food. It seems like an awful lot to me.

1 Like

WDW is not an inexpensive vacation destination. Especially for 4 adults.

3 Likes

Same with us! I just looked it up as I save all my receipts and make a spreadsheet after a trip. That’s been our average.

1 Like

$750 per person doesn’t sound like that much for food in fairness. Have you seen the prices?! And it also doesn’t seem like a large amount to have saved up over and above the cost of a holiday.

1 Like

Indeed. The flight costs more. Quite a lot more. And the accommodation. And the tickets.

2 Likes

$100/person/day. That’s what we budget as well, including snacks, average 1 TS a day, QS, breakfast foods ordered to room, drinks, and tips. $100/person/day evens out a few kids’ meals (kids are Disney adults) and a few alcoholic drinks here and there.

2 Likes

Our plan is one full meal where we can splurge in the park each day and 1 or 2 random snacks or alcoholic drinks per person. We are staying at a rental house and will be eating breakfast there and packing PB&Js and several snacks for during the day at the parks. Our family is 2 adults, 1 teen, and 1 child.