How many TS meals per day?

Here is my problem DDP does not help out if you want to do signature dinning and DxDP is to much if you don’t do signature every day. I wish they had a DP that was 1 QS and 2 TS a day. I have one day with 3 TS ADRs (can anyone say food coma.)

1 Like

When we go for 9 - 10 days, I try not to have more than 1 TS every other day. No dining plan, so we don’t have credits to burn up.
When we go in hot weather, it is nice to schedule a TS break at the hottest part of the day to recharge.

1 Like

Well I think the consensus is that I need to pare down. Now I need to figure out which ones to keep. YIKES! Thank you all for your feedback.

2 Likes

I’m also in the one per day camp. I will do the occasional two - breakfast & dinner - if there are places that are my favorites and I can only get an ADR on the same day for both.

2 Likes

We’re also a 1 TS per day family. It feels like too much food and too much time otherwise. We typically do breakfast in the room, lunch TS in a park, and QS for dinner. We love having the break of TS in the middle of the day, and we like to keep dinner flexible so that we can choose last minute whether to eat at our hotel or a park. (We have some family members who can’t handle late nights yet, so it’s common for us to be in the parks until sometime between 3 and 5 pm with some family members deciding to go back at night and others remaining at the resort.)

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered about TS for lunch. I would feel like I’m missing out on “prime” park time, but can see the appeal. Is lunch easier to get an ADR? Is there a restaurant that you think does TS lunch the best? (any park). Besides a break are there any other lunch TS benefits?

I’m planning a distance, 2021, solo trip and this might be something I’d do at a place I can’t normally go to with picky family eaters. (I do love character meals!)

1 Like

LTT lunch is amazing.

2 Likes

Max of 1 per day for us, we’re just too full and sluggish otherwise. Also the further along in the trip the more sick we get of eating big meals.

1 Like

One of my favorite dinners! I’m so used to the big family style meal that I never considered a nice lunch for one here! I just checked the menu. This may be my on my list of options. =)

There are the dining packages that can save you some line time if you are into the shows-- Here’s a sample–

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/festival-of-fantasy-parade-dining-package/

1 Like

Those are both great & I appreciate the effort. I was discussing lunch TS options. I was interested in if stopping mid-day for a longer TS lunch, and not doing attractions, had any “pluses” versus waiting for dinner or a pre-RD / RD breakfast.

My family is avid ADR dinner eaters. I’ve been to F! and it doesn’t disappoint.

1 Like

Upcoming trip for 8 nights will be breakfast in room most days. 4 TS dinners, 1 brunch, 1 lunch and lots of food and wine festival eating.

1 Like

Those are available as TS lunch options. You can get TS lunch & VIP seating pass for a show. Sort of like getting an extra fast pass if you were going to use a fast pass on those attractions. If you are looking at max $$ savings for a TS credit, they are pretty high up there. They clutter your schedule though.

1 Like

Are you on the dining plan or not?

1 Like

11-5 is prime time so it’s plenty crowded and hot by lunch. We found we were more than ready for a break. If you do QS at dinner then you have more time in the evening when it’s cooler

Some lunches are easier to get than dinner. CRT for sure.

2 Likes

Oh! Wow! I didn’t know that. I thought it was just dinner. That’s a good way to get your FPP show. I’ll definitely remember it.

I don’t use the dinning plan because my family doesn’t get value for it. We’ve tried. They’re really picky eaters with small stomachs. It’s just easier to go a al carte. More often paying a al carte has definitely not cost me more than the dining plan. It just means we might eat fewer snack. However, we aren’t eating just to use up the credits & I’m not worrying about making sure I get “full value”.

This is wayyyyyy too many

4 Likes

Probably not, but I will do the math once I’ve decided what I want to do.

Good to know! I’ll avoid 15 TS a day for sure.

1 Like

We are doing around 10 a.m. at Tusker House, The Wave, and The Plaza. LTT and BOG at 11:00. Noon for Tokyo Dining. Trying to get Yak and Yeti for an 11, waiting… We leave the parks between noon and four o’clock.

1 Like