How many TS meals per day?

So, I’ve made my ADRs and I’m going back and forth about whether to cancel some, whether to add some, and whether to leave it as is. I would like to try new (to me) restaurants, and be able to have some down time in each of the parks, but I keep second guessing myself about whether we would prefer to use that time for touring. It will just be my son and me. How many ADRs do you like to have? How many are too many? We will have 10 park days and two off days, so lots of time for touring too. I have three out of park ADRs as well - two for non-park days, and one on an early close for MK for MNSSHP. Part of me sees ADRs as a forced way to stop, smell the roses, and rest in an air conditioned space. The other part of me sees ADRs as a nuisance that will prevent us from doing other stuff. Have you ever wished you had fewer ADRs? Have you ever wished you had made more? Any thoughts and advice appreciated. I will consider all opinions, and use them to make my final decisions.

1 Like

Generally speaking, one TS/day is enough for us. Sometimes if we do a breakfast we will opt for a diner as well but typically we have just one each day max.

3 Likes

1 per day for us.

2 Likes

I’m also a one a day person. We normally eat breakfast in our room to save time / money as well, though we did do a character breakfast on our departure day and we did the Bon Voyage breakfast.

1 Like

I typically do two: one breakfast and one dinner.

I try to chose ADRs that are experiences, so that they’re all part of the magic. They are also a great opportunity to rest in air-conditioned comfort and just chill out for a while.

4 Likes

1 is enough, though some days we have 2 as we have the dining plan for 14 nights but will be at UOR for 3 days.

Yes, I did find it annoying last trip not to have as much flexibility as we would have liked. Yet here we are again.

1 Like

Only 1 a day for us either lunch or dinner. None of us have large appetites at breakfast so it would be a waste of food and TS. A couple are 2TS credits so not ever day has a TS but plenty for us.

1 Like

Recently stayed a week in the world. I reserved 1 TS a day mostly dinners and 2 lunches. We always ate light for a late breakfast at our resort food court. We ended up reserving an additional TS that day if we desired. We went in early May which is less crowded, it was only the 2 of us so more tables were available, and we reserved late dinners just before parks closed.

1 Like

Generally speaking, I am not a fan of QS eating (“at home” the number of times I eat fast food I can count on one hand with fingers left over). My “default” is TS lunch and dinner every day, unless there is a new QS that I want to try. Next trip it will be Satuli, Woody’s, SWGE, and possibly Harambe Market place. I do not like big breakfasts, so those are typically a pastry and a coffee that I pick up somewhere along the way. The last trip I took with DW, I made it “eating around the World”; we had 14 TS meals, 7 of them signature, and capped it off with the V&A Chef’s Table…

3 Likes

DW said “Next time don’t make me eat so much!”. So it’s one ADR per day on the next trip. And she’s right. The days with a sit down lunch and a sit down dinner were too much. Last trip I was trying to use my meals for dining packages to get the evening shows, and it was too much food when not everyone was hungry and the added structure made things seem rushed while we seemed to get less done.

I did Cap May character buffet breakfast trip before last with DS2 and DS4. It was kind of a heavy start to the day and ruled out making it to rope drop on time. But we had less attractions available to us with that age of kids so it wasn’t as big deal. It was also a CL2 period in September. Last time we did an 8:30 Epcot GG to get into the park early. I would totally do that again if the reservation shows up.

I did some lunch reservations and it seemed to cut down on flexibility too much. If I eat a light breakfast, I’m usually ready for lunch early enough to miss the noon rush at any quick serve. Instead I felt like I was driving the family too hard, skipping window shopping to hit our marks only to wait to be seated, or telling the Fam they could not get delicious & available snacks so they would be hungry at the “right time”. We did an ADR for BOG because I felt like I had to do a BOG lunch. I don’t feel like I must do it again. We also did a character lunch at Tusker house to get the Rivers of Light package. DS5 fell asleep in the heat while we’d wait for a seat while DS7 hit over drive. Trying to get food & eat food from a buffet with one limp child and one hyper child was a challenge. DS5 woke up grumpy 30 minutes in and refused both food or to smile in character interactions.

So my plan for the next trip with DS7 and DS9 is to save those ADR’s for dinners after the heat starts to go down and the kids reset. Maybe we will do TSL-EMM breakfast one day. Does that count as an ADR ?

2 Likes

My upcoming trip I have a TS meal booked for breakfast and dinner. I have a TiW card and running the numbers the TS places I am eating for breakfast will not be much more than QS. Of course, I am not eating st any buffets or character meals,

1 Like

I’m leaving Saturday for a week trip with my family. We have one TS booked per day with the exception of our EMM days at MK and HS - no TS those days. We’ll be up quite early both of those mornings and since breakfast is included, I wasn’t sure what time we’d feel like eating lunch/dinner so no TS booked.

1 Like

We generally do 1 TS meal most days - usually at lunch time, with any evening meals bring shows (eg HDDR) or signature restaurants. This gives us an air conditioned respite at lunch and also allows flexibility in the evenings. Occasionally we will do a TS breakfast when we have a rest day or will start park touring mid to late afternoon. We visit fromUK so get dining plan as part of package - suspect we would have fewer TS meals if we weren’t on the plan.

1 Like

Another 1 TS meal per day. The one day we had 2 TS meals was hectic, even though it was a non-park day.

1 Like

We have always done a light snack breakfast, QS for lunch, and then TS for dinner. However–sometimes I like the break midday, particularly in Epcot. That being said, I am in a similar quandary trying to decide on whether or not to add a few extra TS experiences to my “free” dining trip. I prefer TS food over QS food hands down, so it’s hard to narrow down all the choices! My current plan has us having one day of all QS meals (not my favorite) and then 2 TS meals in one day, due to the logistics of where we will be on those days. I’m not thrilled with it and wondering how to balance it better. I do think it could be too much food to eat two TS meals in one day…? I think you have to consider how big of eaters you are (we love food, so our family is stoked about meals) and whether or not eating is an experience (character meal, unique/themed setting, etc.).

1 Like

It’s a challenge! You have to think very carefully about what you’re going to eat — and when. I messed up a few times in December when I had the DxDP for the first time and ended up showing up for dinner still full from lunch.

3 Likes

That is my worry! At the same time, my gluttonous desire to eat lots of food is leaning toward keeping both experiences, lol!

3 Likes

That’s why for my upcoming trip I’m trying to have “early” breakfasts and “late” dinners and nothing in between.

Except there are those damned snack credits tempting you into yet more gluttony.

4 Likes

I try to do just 1 TS per day although on our upcoming October trip we will have one or 2 days with 2 TS. Because we will rope drop every day due to EEMH, breakfast will be in the room. Most days our ADR’S are brunch or an early lunch.

1 Like

I’m part of the no TS group. That is valuable park time. You go eat, I’ll go ride! Weeeeeeeeeee!

1 Like