How Many Points?

Well @Jeff_AZ your thread on DVC points took an odd left turn :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

That’s very generous of you!

2 Likes

When I first started thinking about buying DVC points, I was thinking 50, then 100, then settled on the idea of 60-80 as a good starting place. I instead bought two 50 point contracts. :rofl: It remains to be seen if this is too much, not enough, or just right. I’ll just have to see how it goes. It’s hard for me to predict what I will use because I am hoping to use points with my niece and her family at some point, by myself, with my kids, with friends. So in short, I anticipate not having enough.

1 Like

You looking at 2BR only because of family size?

1 Like

Mostly. I’ve thought about 2 studios as well but I do like the kitchen / laundry setup as well.

There will be some loss of flexibility in needing to both borrow and bank to make 3 years of points come together for a trip in part due to the banking deadline. And if your every-three-year plan gets off by a year you may need to rent points or take a revised/shorter trip one year to use your points in a useful way, but should be doable.

I don’t see a huge issue with “dialing in” the exact number of points you need & how that is affected by year-on-year changes and resort choices. Worst case you get one or two less days in a villa and/or have to get a room somewhere else for those nights. Best case scenario you get extra days and/or better views.

2 Likes

So true!!

4 Likes