How many outfits do you pack?

I’ve been buying more water fast drying/moisture wicking clothing and that now makes up most of what I bring to Disney World. Originally, I just wanted to wear things that would handle sweat and dry quickly after thunderstorms, but another advantage is that this clothing can be rinsed out in the sink and left to dry in the room and then worn again.

2 Likes

FYI, the slim packing cubes are on sale on ebags now. Never used them myself but tempted to try. I did laundry mid-trip & again at end on a ten say in May. I was dreading it but it was not bad at all. We went home with all clean clothes which was great.

1 per day in ziplocks plus 1 extra for every 3rd day. Also usually throw in a few dresses for nice dinner nights. DH is on his own. I go through his shirts and usually replace or add a few but that’s it.

1 Like

I pack 1 or of shorts per day plus 2 and then match 2 shirts to each or of shorts, 1 sleeveless and 1 with short sleeves. I usually wear sleeveless in the morning but roll the second shirt into a Ziploc and tuck it into my backpack. That way, I can change later if I’m feeling yucky.

1 Like

I love use packing cubes for socks, underwear, bras and accessories. Keeps all those little items in one place! I also use a small slim one for all the electronic charging cords and the medium slim one for my ‘just in case’ toiletry items’, like mole skin, band aides, nail clippers, extra contacts, etc. everything is kept nice and neat. Once the packing cubes are filled with items, they are easier to store since they have a rectangular cube shape. if those same items were placed in a ziplock bag, the bag never sits right and is always some funky shape. I’m OCD about things like this, so that’s why I like packing cubes over ziplock baggies!! Hope this helps you!!

2 Likes

Two outfits a day, and I usually do laundry on day 4 or 5. It’s really easy if you are taking a couple of hours at the pool

I do 2 outfits a day, maybe not shorts, especially in summer months. Always extra undergarments. Laundry is never an option for me on vacation, I do way too much at home. We fly SW, so luggage is never an issue and the snacks and drinks we pack always leave room for our souvenirs for the way home. But I seriously need to check out these packing cubes. For our trip in august I bought my DH, DS20 and DS16 lots of moisture wick shirts.

I agree with the 1 outfit per day but extra shirts. Cover up and swimsuits. Extra socks for sneakers.
Lightweight jacket etc.

I was just telling DH this morning that I need to pack 2 shirts for each day for our trip in 19 days. He and my DS14 don’t care if they wear the same sweaty shirt all day but I have to change after our mid day break. I am going for 6 nights so will probably take 13 shirts and 4 shorts. Extra undergarments, too!

1 Like

Depends on length of trip- but 1 outfit/day and extra shirts almost always. Pants and shorts usually 5max. This trip going to be gone 14 days. I don’t have 14 pairs of pants and shorts!! If needed a quick laundry run/relax hour is no big deal. Rather go light and do that vs haul around tons of bags!

1 Like

Mostly 2 shirts and one pair of shorts/skorts per day.

1 Like

I do laundry while at the pool. easy peasy. I don’t think we own enough clothes for two outfits a day for a whole vacation…

1 Like

I take 1 a day with 2 to 4 extra shirts, a nicer outfit .

Whoops. Shouldn’t have posted. I also don’t mind laundry once during the trip.

We bring one outfit per day and if we are going for 8-9 days we bring 5 outfits and just do laundry mid week. Laundry is a great afternoon break while hanging out at the pool. Lugging a ton of luggage around is no vacation for us.

1 Like

I’m with @kellymouse5 We bring two outfits per day, per person. And we also fly Southwest, so we have lots of available space/weight.

1 Like

There is no feeling as good as changing into clean clothes during an afternoon break after sweating all day! And on the flip side, there is NOTHING GROSSER than putting on sweaty clothes after taking a break and going in the pool. I’d pack 2 outfits per day this time of year, because I have no interest in doing laundry on vacation :smile:

3 Likes

This! So much! I bring more clothes in the summer because of how sweaty I get. My family gives me a hard time sometimes but there is nothing like putting on some fresh clothes before heading out for the evening.

1 Like

I’m really a packing minimalist. Max four outfits per person (which includes the one currently being worn). I usually do laundry twice. We can typically get the family of 5’s clothes into one suitcase this way, which really saves room in the car. Extra shoes, swimwear, and toiletries go in the second suitcase and we’re ready to go!

1 Like

My DH always insists that my 1 outfit a day plus a few spares is far too much! So happy to see that I’m not the only one who likes to travel heavy. I would take 2 per day but I honestly don’t think I have that many clothes (17 day trip).
Related question - how many pairs of shoes do you take (walking versus evening)?