How long of a vacation are Disney parks around the world?

Aw man, I’m sorry to hear your September trip will not be happening. It sounded like a great plan! I think if we ever do DL in CA, it will be a once and done for us as well. FL is closer and much cheaper.

3 Likes

Wife has started to think a out a Cali trip for DL in a couple years. Likely split between DL and San Diego.

So when yall say DL on site is expensive, how does it compare to WDW moderates?

1 Like

One night at PPH is like $300 minimum. DLH is like $400-600. GCH is $600-800. You can get deals, say 25-30% if you time it right. Also cheaper weekdays than weekends (prices above are weekend rates).

1 Like

Ok I actually looked up a random Wednesday night in November (not holiday) and here are some real prices for you:

It’s hard to say what is “normal” lately because the parks have been closed forever so whenever they open the hotels will probably be in high demand. But FWIW, these are similar to the prices I’ve seen as I’ve rolled my reservations multiple times from April to October in response to closures. And in the ranges I cited above. Again, this is without any discount.

2 Likes

Have you stayed at all 3? We will hopefully head that way in the next year or so.

1 Like

More than moderates. We were supposed to stay at Paradise Pier in July in a standard room (least expensive hotel, least expensive room)- it was about $450 a night.

2 Likes

If/when we go to Tokyo I very much assume it will be a once in a lifetime type trip. As such, we would want to make sure we do it all. We always stay on-site at WDW, and I’m sure we would do the same at any park we visit. How many days would you suggest with the big bucks extra ticket to really make sure we fit it all in?

1 Like

Thanks, that gives me some idea… This it just burst my wife’s dream of GC… PP seems possibly doable…

1 Like

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge for $369/night rack rate lol. CA is soooooo expensive!

If you’re up for the risk, you could maybe rent points at GC.

2 Likes

It’s more expensive but you can get everything done faster, so I actually end up spending less when I go to Disneyland. :man_shrugging: I often do a split stay with the beach for the remaining days (2 nights at Disney so you get the full benefit of being able to go back to your room in the afternoon / swimming, etc.).

And as @kerrilux_625778 said, DVC rental can get you a rate in the $300-400 range for a studio (hot commodity though).

GCH is worth saving up for, IMO. But you’ll have a great time no matter where you stay!

1 Like

I have not stayed in all three. I think @Ms.BarbsWildRide might have, and I believe she prefers DLH if I remember correctly? I have stayed at DLH and GCH and prefer GCH due to shorter walk (I have four kids under age 9 so that’s a big deal for me) and atmosphere. DLH has its own magic though so preferences vary.

1 Like

My kiddos are 8, 5, 3, and -2mo, so I fully appreciate the shorter walk! Is that the only thing you liked better about GCH? Looking at pictures the theming looks more fun at DLH, especially in those signature suites.

1 Like

I have stayed at all 3 and like DLH the best. The grounds, pools, light up head boards, just everything there is great. GCH is plenty nice and does have the best location of the 3, but it lacks the charm of DLH.

4 Likes

I have also stayed at all three and I echo the same sentiments as @Wahoohokie. The one exception to that was the first time we stayed at GCH. It was at Christmas time and there was special sense of magic that I didn’t feel at DLH during that same season. The giant tree, the smell of gingerbread, and the giant fireplace oozed Christmas. Christmas time is the only time I would hands down pick GCH over DLH. The rest of the year, DLH wins.

3 Likes

If you like WL you will probably like GCH. It has that lodgy feel but is a little more “deluxe.” (I’ve stayed at both WL and GCH and there are a lot of similarities.) The DLH is very nice and magical, but I find it hard to put my finger on exactly what the “theme” is. The pool at DLH is probably better, but both are great.

Ultimately, it’s hard to beat walking out of your hotel room and being in DCA. My son and I got in our swimsuits, rode Grizzly River Run (literally right inside the hotel park entrance), then went back inside the gates to the pool where my wife was already swimming with the other kids. The security guard commented what a smart idea it was!

2 Likes

I guess I’ll just have to go more than once so I can experience both!!

I would imagine split stays don’t really make sense at DLR, right?

3 Likes

Yes you will! And I need to go back to give DLH another chance. It has admittedly been a while.

2 Likes

Perhaps part of that is due to each tower have its own theme? Our first stay was in the Frontier Tower and still to this day if I hear the Bonaza theme, I am instantly transported to that trip! I have stayed in Fantasy (main) Tower as well. The Fantasy Tower is my favorite because of the “museum” exhibits. DH and love to get coffee on our last morning and walk through looking at the history of the park and hotel. We have yet to stay in the Adventure Tower, but that one is closest to DTD.

2 Likes

I have never done one, as our trips are usually 3-4 days max, but I have heard of people doing them. There is not the same luggage transfer offered at the DLR.

2 Likes