How long is Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion down to remove overlay after Christmas?

I’m pondering going to Disneyland over my Feb Break (it would be about the same cost to do that including airfare as the cruise I currently have booked out of NJ), but one thing that is high on my list to do is the Haunted Mansion since my one visit to DL it was down getting the overlay it has from Labor Day through Christmas.

How long is it typically down after Christmas to go back to normal? I’d be going during Presidents’ Week - would that likely be “safe” since it just had a big refurb?

1 Like

I think it’s only down 2 or 3 weeks, so February should be safe.

It’s only closed August 16 - September 2, to put the overlay on, so would assume similar to take it off. Plus, like you said, it just had an extensive overhaul in January 2020.

2 Likes

Thanks! I could always plan it later in the trip just in case I bumped up against the reopening.

And if for some reason it takes longer, that’s another reason to go back!

2 Likes

True!

Is this the week of President’s Day?

Yep. We get that whole week off for Winter Break.

Will Christmas be up by the time we get there on 11/18??

Every Halloween Time at Disneyland Haunted Mansion receives a Nightmare Before Christmas overlay and becomes Haunted Mansion Holiday. The overlay stays at the attraction through both Halloween and Christmas. The Disneyland website shows the attraction will be closed until September 3 when the Halloween season officially starts at the Disneyland Resort

Should be!!

2 Likes

I found an article backing what @Julianne_fki said.

The ride takes about three weeks to transform into Haunted Mansion Holiday and back again. It will close again in early January for the overlay to be removed and then reopen later that month.

ALSO…fun for us locals: As part of the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay, the Grand Hall gets a gingerbread masterpiece that changes every year. For 2021, the team decided to pay homage to all previous houses in celebration of this beloved tradition’s 20th anniversary. This year’s Franken-house stitches together favorite elements from the previous 19 houses!

3 Likes

Here was my response to someone who asked the same question recently:

1 Like

I was so afraid it was going to be me who asked :joy::joy:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I guess I thought they did all of the overlay in August for Halloween. Are you just talking about outdoor decorations? Do those change between Halloween and Christmas?

1 Like

My remark quoted above was referring to It’s a Small World specifically. But I think most Christmas decorations are put up between Halloween and about November 8th or so, in most years.

I’m pretty sure Haunted Mansion gets changed in August and stays until January. Kind of a combo Halloween/Christmas thing with Nightmare Before Christmas. So that one will for sure be up and running in early November.

3 Likes