HOW LONG for dinner at the Coral Reef

4:15pm Reservation at The Coral Reef. Family of 4 (Mom, Dad, 2 teenagers, one of whom wolfs down his food LOL). How long shold they estimate from arrival to getting back into the park? I’m thinking 90 min? Also, is the food there awful? i’ve seen some pretty bad reviews. They’re mostly going for the atmosphere …

We enjoyed our meal there well enough. It is one and done for us just because there are so many other places in Epcot to eat. The aquarium wall is really cool. 90 min is a good estimate if you don’t get seated right away. Assuming you get seated right away, 60 is more realistic, probably less.

1 Like

I’ve read more recent reviews that food has been better. We have eaten there 2x in the past 10 years and both times we had the longest waits past our ADR of any restaurant at Disney. Both times we had good meals there, and I would definitely go back although haven’t in awhile b/c so many other good places to try first. Once seated, I’d say 60 minutes is a good time to estimate.

1 Like

I think 90 minutes is a fair estimate, likely a touch conservative given at 4:15 you should get seated relatively quickly, but I’d rather guess long and be back early than the be behind.

We ate there for the first time in December of '15 and had a really good meal. Seafood was excellent as was our server. Good enough it made the list again for our upcoming trip which is a high mark given the options in Epcot. I’ve seen mixed reviews in the past, but would say it has been trending up in recent years…

1 Like

We loved the food last time we went. Absolutely love the atmosphere. We had a very good, attentive waitress. If you have no special dietary needs, 90 minutes should be plenty of time. It took us much longer, but we are special LOL! DH always has to talk with the chef and work out something suitable for him to eat based on what they have in-house, and then the chef has to prepare the meal. Yep, 2 hours minimum for every ADR we had. Are you just eating entree or appetizers, entree, and dessert? The latter will also take longer, of course, but still within the 90 minutes if you don’t have to wait for a table inordinately long.

1 Like

LOL Sir Gregg … i’m trying to keep them MOVING, so no dessert! actually, i recommended ice cream over at the Epcot Resorts … we’ll see!

Then 90 minutes is definitely more than enough time!

1 Like

A lot depends on how much you eat. If you have apps, entree, and dessert, then 90 min is probably about right. If it’s entree only, assuming you are seated on time, 60 min is probably closer.

1 Like

FWIW, my family of 4 ate there this past December 29th (one of the busiest weeks) for a 6:30 PM ADR. We were seated with no wait and the service and food was excellent. We were out of there in 58 minutes.

1 Like