How is this possible with 50% rule?

I am perusing DVC contracts this afternoon, as you do on a Friday afternoon near close of business, and I see this and can’t figure out how it would be possible with the 50% rule in place:

Both of these contracts are June use years. Both are showing no points available in 2022. Both show points coming in June 2023.

If we can only borrow 50% - and this has been in place for quite a while now, right? - shouldn’t there be at least 50% of the contract points available in June 2022, even assuming they borrowed from the 2022 use year?

Or am I missing something obvious which is entirely possible because my brain doesn’t work well with numbers.

1 Like

Do these contracts have a “can’t close until …” clause?

1 Like

My guess would be a cruise or Adventure by Disney?

1 Like

Can you borrow 100% for those purposes?

1 Like

I did not notice that but I can go back and check later.

I wasn’t aware you could borrow 100% for ABD or a cruise - that would be interesting.

1 Like

I agree with @Jeff_AZ , my bet is they have a stay booked with those points during the summer, knowing there’s no way they can close before their dates.

Or ….

they’ve transferred the 2022 points to another of their contracts to sell stripped.

2 Likes

But the cruise is also an option. I think you can borrow 2 year’s worth of points to book. Not sure about ABD.

2 Likes

I believe that ABD was added. I thought there was a communication about being able to use 3 years of points? Isn’t that why they added additional years to the dashboard?

1 Like

Hi, I have a June use year and my 2022 points show as 0 because I’m using them for a November trip that I’ve booked. My guess is the people with this contract have an upcoming trip booked and they want to take it and not close until after that trip is completed.

1 Like

I’m really in the hole with my points!!

1 Like

More than likely points were transferred or booked-

As long as dates booked are after 6/1 50% borrowing rule wouldn’t apply. If it’s booked early June they might not bother with can’t close by date - no way it’s finished & closing before August anyway.

2 Likes