How is it possible that my plans just keep getting better?

Agree! Now that I have a possible Spring trip in the works. Planning starts today.

2 Likes

I think the very same thing every time I go back and make adjustments after I have the first full plan in place. I genuinely love the planning process. Thanks for bringing us along in process and trips.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, I’ve been planning for 18 months and I love it - I just don’t change my plans once they are made.

1 Like

What I think is really great is that there are so many different ways to plan a WDW vacation.

There’s my method, for example. Make a plan, adjust it as new information and ideas come in. I call this method the “right” method.

Or you could go down @missoverexcited’s route. Make a plan and then doggedly stick to it no matter what new information comes in. This is known as the “wrong” method.

And I love how we can all have different methods and how we all agree that no method is any better or any worse than any other. Except @missoverexcited’s method. Which is wrong. And worse.

4 Likes

:rofl:
I need to say right here, that this forum has solidified my opinion that the Brits have the best sense of humor.

1 Like

I never get any new information, because my research is thoroughly done before I make a plan.

6 Likes

The logical implication of this is either (a) you do not finalise your plan until you arrive at WDW, or (b) you are lying.

It is possible — indeed likely — that new information will come in between finalising a plan and actually arriving on property. You cannot therefore argue that you finalise your plan before your arrive on property and no new information presents itself after that point.

From which it follows — since we can rule out the idea that you are a liar — that your planning process is identical to everyone else’s, viz an initial outline to which more detail is progressively added and which is updated or adapted as new information or ideas become known or present themselves. Also knows as the “right” method.

Hurrah. We are in total agreement.

My problem is I make them too early and then have to keep adjusting as crowd levels increase or can’t get my planned FPP. Just yesterday AK wait time for 1 ride increased by 25 minutes and the crowd level hasn’t changed.

I can’t even imagine what new information could come up, to be honest. I do my touring plans just before 180 days so I know what time to book my ADRs. I do have to rearrange them sometimes if I don’t get the exact FP time but that’s rare. I suppose a ride going down unexpectedly would throw a spanner in the works.

If anything, I change my plans when we’re there, like meeting a character if we see them with no line, or getting room service if we can’t be bothered to go out.

1 Like

So I know you’re about to arrive in the next few weeks, right?

So within the last 6 months, we’ve had the opening of SW:GE announced (I know that doesn’t affect your trip but it is a major new and unexpected event), a new signature restaurant opening, the Cars show and dance party opening, Rafiki’s Planet Watch re-opening (CM previews underway).

Those are just from the top of my head. Now maybe none of those directly impact your plans, but they are enough to throw a spanner in plans for DHS and AK, and for those who like signature restaurants.

So I think it is fair to say things do change within 6 months. Thinking ahead to anyone planning for early 2020, there will probably be RotR opening, Spaceship Earth probably closing, maybe Mickey’s Railway, the Space Restaurant, … None of these have had opening dates announced yet, so could take someone by surprise.

3 Likes

SWGE is a surprise I’ll grant you, but as you say doesn’t affect me. There’s never been an announcement within 6 months that has altered a single one of our plans. If a new thrill ride was opening, we’d want to ride it and it’s possible we wouldn’t know the exact opening date 6 months out. But it would be on our radar already, so I wouldn’t call it new information. And that’s about the only thing that would interest us.

I don’t care if @sanstitre_has_left_the_building wants to change his plans every day and twice on Sundays. I don’t need to.

3 Likes

Well, better than the Germans at least.

2 Likes

Funny, I have just watched 7 episodes of the 1st season of “Dark” and there is not one funny thing in it.

I love the office and IT crowd