How good is Kona?

The Tonga toast in your trip report looked amazing @OBNurseNH! So amazing that after seeing your photo and reading @principaltinker’s post here I just made reservations for breakfast for our August trip-hope it was as good as it looked!

2 Likes

I’m sorry I never filled in more info!

Everything was delicious. We ended up getting three different breakfasts plus two random sides and we shared a little of everything between us. I also enjoyed a press pot of Kona.

Service was friendly and prompt. It was a great start to the day!

3 Likes

Kona vs Ohana?

You’re not thinking of changing your plans, are you? :smile:

1 Like

I’m a statistician. I’m collecting data. It’s what we do. It’s my job.

1 Like

For breakfast? Kona. Ohana is a frickin zoo in the morning. Not how I like to start my day. Plus LILO and Stitch do nothing for me

2 Likes

I’m a late breakfaster — my reservation is for 10:45am. I’d hope it would be quieter then.

Foodwise?

Of course. :joy::joy::joy:

It’s definitely not quieter then. The breakfast line and the kids and the characters was all still going quite boisterously when we left Kona at about 1130 on our Kona morning

1 Like

I can’t speak to Ohana breakfast but Kona breakfast was delicious and quiet

1 Like

I’ve never had breakfast at Ohana, as I’m not totally sure on the content, but I seem to recall reading that it’s “mostly normal” with a few things, like the pineapple bread from dinner, added.

Kona’s menu is almost entirely unique to the location, and I have had breakfast there.

Unless Lilo and Stitch are your draw (and they’re not for me), I would choose to breakfast at Kona over 'Ohana.

2 Likes

Kona it is, then. Ohana gone.

I don’t even know who Lilo and Stitch are. With the exception of Mickey Mouse I have surprisingly little interest in Disney characters :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I should really just go on ahead and plan your entire trip

2 Likes

I didn’t want to have to do this. I really didn’t. But — in the words of your 45th president — you gave me no choice.

I’ve done both and it all depends on what you are wanting. The food at Kona is definitely better than Ohana. Ohana’s breakfast is standard scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, etc. I love the macadamia nut pancakes at Kona. I agree with OBNurseNH that Ohana is a zoo in the morning. If you absolutely must meet Lilo and Stitch, then keep your reservation. Otherwise, I would not recommend it. You can get POG at Kona. It’s called Liliko’i juice, but it’s the same thing.

2 Likes

Nailed it!

(I love that you change your plans. Because we all do it. Just as much as you do, I’m sure. We’re just not advertising that we’re changing them! :joy:)

4 Likes

:open_mouth:

FYI, be aware that the “spiced ham” at Kona is not ham… It was on the dish I ordered and I was thinking, oh like Christmas ham with a spice/sugar glaze. Nah, it’s SPAM. I get it Disney… It’s Poly and Hawaiians live for SPAM, but ugh. I don’t want to eat it. :roll_eyes: :nauseated_face:

4 Likes