How early to rope drop Galaxy's Edge?

In January 2020 with a 9 am park opening and a 9:15 am Oga’s reservation, how early should I plan to get to the park? Will I need to wait to join a GE boarding group?

WDW has not has to use boarding groups ,even once, during the opening of SWGE. The only time board groups were needed was at Disneyland and only for the first day.

I’m not even sure there’s enough expected crowds once RotR opens on 12/05/19 that boarding groups will be needed.

Just get to the park at least 30 minutes early to give yourself time to get through the tapstiles and walk all the way to the very back of DHS.

1 Like

Wonderful news. I can use the extra sleep. :slight_smile:

It’ll be interesting to see how SWGE does at Thanksgiving - before RotR opens and during Christmas after it is available.

January is a pretty low crowd month as long as you aren’t going doing the MLK holiday weekend or Marathon times (1/8/19 - 1/12/19)

3 Likes

Or New Years week, like my crazy fam :partying_face:

1 Like

I’m avoiding those busier times and I also wonder how Rise of the Resistance will affect Galaxy Edge’s crowds. I chose my dates based on lower crowds, cool weather and value pricing.