How early is okay to show up for dinner reservations?

Hey all,

We have 7:10pm reservations at the Sci-Fi Diner and this our first time at HS. How much before the reservation is okay to show up? Ten minutes? Twenty?

We usually eat earlier, but that was the best we could get.

Thanks!

I believe they ask you to check in 15 minutes early. Much earlier than that and you are basically a walk up, you may get seated, depending on the crowd. I once showed 6 hours early and got seated right away, but that was nine dragons.

It’s "OK"to show up as early as you want, but they probably won’t pay much attention to you until 15 min before.

I regularly show up early for dining reservations because I want to sit down :slight_smile: sometimes you get seated before actual time and sometimes you just get to people watch!

It really can’t hurt to show up early if you want to eat earlier. We had 8:40pm reservations at California Grill last week and we got seated a minute after we checked in at 8:15. Only restaurant we have not been sat on time has been BOG (three out of three dinner reservations)

Keep trying for an earlier reservation.

I showed up 1 hour early for 1900 Park Fare dinner last Dec. I said, I know I’m early. We’re here. If you can seat us, great. If not, I’ll walk the lobby. They sat us with no problem. Seriously, a FULL Hour early!! It was marvelous that we ended our night earlier than expected.

You won’t know until you try! :slight_smile:

Thanks all! I don’t think I’d be more than a half hour earlier, but it sounds like it won’t be a big deal no matter what. :slight_smile:

Great question and answers! I have a follow-up question on the same topic. I have a late reservation at Planet Hollywood at 11:15. If we were to show up at, say 9:30 (very early), and they had open tables, would that be considered an ADR cancellation and we would be fined? Or would that be considered to be honoring the ADR, even though we were early?

You’ll be fine…just tell them when you walk up.