How early do you book?

Yes, you do need two separate reservations (each with its own deposit requirement).

Yes, for FPP you would link the tickets to the first room stay. You can make two room-only reservations though, if you prefer, and buy your tickets separately, if for some reason that were appealing to you. Or, you can make the first one a package, buying tickets when you buy your room, and then do room-only for the second.

Just be sure that your tickets will be valid through your second stay! With the new ticketing rules, this is something to pay attention to; tickets with different lengths have different validity windows now! Although now that I’m saying that I’m thinking that tickets as part of a package are still good for 14 days… ugh. Even I can’t keep it straight! It’s so complex now!

Thanks for writing this out. We are excited to try a split stay but also hoping it won’t complicate things too much! I guess we will find out. As I tell DH— won’t be our last trip :slight_smile: so could be a learning experience!

1 Like

I booked in June of 18 for a vacation in Oct 19. If discounts come out, I just call and have them applied to my reservations. We have a favorite hotel and club level we enjoy, so we always book super early!

1 Like

I have to ask what’s your favorite club??

Very true. I’ve been lucky most of the time, but not all of the time. Wilderness Lodge during the first week of December last year was one of the unlucky times (trying to score an AP discount). It’s then that you have to ask yourself what’s more important - the discount or the location.

1 Like

Yeah i know right now the average price is $95 per night. Some nights are $88 the weekends are over a hundred but it averages out to be $95.

Now to have no weather issues like Irma again.

1 Like

I’m planning an Oct-2020 trip with my son & DIL… just waiting for the Disney booking window to open. I’m going to book a two week stretch, then reduce the length when we get close enough to know their work schedules.

Contemporary!

1 Like