How Do You Book a Split Stay?

I am intrigued and interested in doing this for our July 4th week vacation. Currently, we are at Pop but I’d like to spend a couple days at a different resort, too.

You have to book 2 separate trips, basically. You’ll have a new reservation number for the 2nd resort.
2nd part starts on the day you check out of Pop. If you don’t have a car, Disney will transfer your luggage through bell services to the 2nd resort.
Easy peasy.
Even though you can link both trips to your MDE account, you may still need to wait until the 60 day mark for each to make fastpasses. Since we’re already within the 180 mark, you can make dining reservations for the whole trip.

1 Like

I often book a split stay. If you do not have an annual pass you either buy a package for your first stay that includes tickets for both stays (so if you have 7 days in the parks your first stay has a 7day ticket)- or you get two room only bookings and buy a discounted ticket elsewhere. You can add the dining plan to either stay. Without tickets you will need to call for a “ticketless package”.

2 Likes

ADRs are 180 for each stay but FPs open at day 60 for both parts of a split stay. It is a rolling FP so you would get all 8 days if it is a 7 night split stay and then when the day after checkout hits day 60 that opens too.

3 Likes

Forgot all about tickets! LOL. I always book separately (AP this time around and we never do dining plan), so I was only thinking about booking the resort itself.

1 Like

Thank you! I might play with this idea some more, today!

we did it in march and LOVED it! It felt like two vacations. We are planning to do it every time from now on!
There are so many resorts on my want to stay list, this way I can hit more of them quicker and with less trips :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Always move UP in resort category - never down. You will be disappointed.

1 Like