How do you actually use a Disney Gift Card at WDW these days?

I feel silly even asking this question considering how much I have used GC’s in the past, but how do you use physical Disney gift cards at WDW these days … what with the pandemic’s focus on mobile ordering, “cashless payments”, the new MagicMobile Pass thingamajig ? In the past I’ve simply presented the gift card when paying for … whatever … as if it were a “credit card” and everything was good. Can that still be done? Or, is it different now? And, does anyone know if you can still go to the front desk at the resort and pay off accumulated charges before check out with gift cards like in the good old days? We will be taking and using our most recent magic bands to use on an upcoming trip simply because we are accustomed to them and they are so easy to use. Thanks.

1 Like

I used GC for everything last week, and yes you can still do all those things with it.

1 Like

Yes, you can run them through the credit card machines, or hand them to CMs and they can apply. Touchless is a priority objective, but if that doesn’t work, Disney will take your money however they need to get it from you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My visit was in February, but we were able to use a GC like normal. When you place mobile orders you can put in the gift card number, but it doesn’t save the number in your account after the transaction. If you put the number in notes app so you only have to copy and paste each time, it makes the process much easier!

2 Likes

Yes. Pro tip right there.

Same applies if you have Disney Visa Rewards card. You can pay with it in MDE, but you have to enter the number every time. (Why, Disney? Why?) So being able to just copy/paste the number is one less headache.

3 Likes

One thing I noticed… did anyone have to use their pin when they used their MB to pay for things? We decided to swipe gift cards instead of the MB, for most of our purchases because we didn’t want to have to enter a pin and touch the machine. But, I think one or two times, my hubby didn’t have a card on him, so he used his band. I don’t think he had to enter the pin, ever.