How do Magic Bands work when you have multiple magic bands on your My Disney Experience App

Hi,

Might be an odd question, but 2017 was our first trip to WDW with Magic bands. So My Disney Experience has the bands we got with that booking. Towards the end of the holiday my WIfe purchased a designer Magic band, but we never added it to the app. We now have a holiday booked for Nov 2019 which we will get another set of magic bands.
Does anything we book exist on all the bands? We want to book a MNSCHP and obviously our Dining beforehand and am wondering if that goes on a specific band and if so how do we specify if we want to use a different band?

Nothing is on the bands. They are just the way you access the information on MDE. As long as they show as active on there, you can use whichever one you want.

1 Like

Just be aware that the older bands might not work for in-ride videos, and you may need to tap in for the ride photos.

If you just carry a newer one in a pocket, that will work, but be careful about tapping into FPs with the same band you use to enter the park.

3 Likes

As usual, excellent fast response - Thank you both

1 Like

I’ve have had older bands not work on room doors so now I double check before leaving the room.