How do I Slow Down?

Ok, totally understandable! Now… I will just have to follow live so my vote counts :grin:

2 Likes

I feel this post so much!
My DH is especially commando and I’m similar. This next trip we’re traveling with my Disney newbie dad, DD7, DS5 while trying to navigate all the new Genie+…stuff. I have told DH we have to plan to slow down somehow or I might self destruct in the parks trying to refresh and get LLs. :joy: We’re bummed EE will be closed, but I’m hoping that means a slower park day and some time in Nomad at least. :blush:

4 Likes

So when i started intensive therapy for my anxiety so i could stop having daily panic attacks, they made me do this bullshit called passive muscle relaxation which is forced relaxing. It was absolute fucking torture. I hated every second and at first it just increased my anxiety immensely… but it was like exposure therapy (relaxation was a trigger) and actually learning the process all in one.

Still hated every second. Meds are better.

Also, people who walk slowly in front of me in airports or narrow wdw walkways are the most selfish, annoying people on the planet and MUST be passed with a loud, derisive sigh.

Tl;dr - same.

10 Likes

:cry: I’m going as fast as I can :weary: I try to walk to the right too :wink:

3 Likes

I did a solo trip tied to a business trip in 2019. I had one full day and then one afternoon/evening after 2 PM to be in the parks.

On the full day I blitzed three parks - Rope Drop at AK, then DHS, and Epcot with an Illuminations closer, was making strategic use of FP+ drops to get FPs, etc.

On the half day I went to MK and used the old grab and modify to try to get as many FPs as I could.

So in other words, I’m of no help to you.

9 Likes

I did this too a few times decades ago. I only did a few rides and spent most of the day on discovery island (it no longer exists… well it does and last year a vagrant was evicted but it’s not open to ppl).

3 Likes

Hahah sorry i need a sarcasm font!!! Truthfully, i mean that i cannot even calm down enough to let people who are enjoying and soaking in the parks do so without needing to pass them :rofl: i KNOW it’s ridiculous and still keep doing it!

4 Likes

I remember going to Discovery Island as a kid. Along with River Country.

7 Likes

Bwahahaha… I knew you were being sarcastic :wink: I get frustrated w/ slow pokes sometimes too, and that’s a something since I am slow myself :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

brickface cat

5 Likes

I loved that place !!!

4 Likes

Arthritis is a great aid in slowing down. :grin:

Maybe stick a pebble in your shoe?

Or, maybe set yourself some tasks : photo of all the 50 statues, or whatever they are.

8 Likes

Seems like every Touring Plans™ membership should come with a Valium™ the size of a discus. Perhaps it could be silk-screened with the big “t” logo, and worn around the neck in the style of Flavor Flav? One could gnaw on it as needed. Serves double-duty as a tribal signifier.

23 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

This is inspired. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Did you just manage a flav reference in the middle of that magnificent paragraph?

I bow to you, sir. Well done.

7 Likes

Yes, without the slightest mental exertion.

7 Likes

He is a cat of multiple abilities and interests.

4 Likes

So is Flavor Flav as it happens

5 Likes

I love this cat!

3 Likes