How big is MK?

Out of the blue question from my sister: how far would you be walking if you went from the front entrance, did the circuit through all the lands and came back to the front of MK?

Anybody know?

I just clocked it out on mapmyrun and got roughly 1.5 miles

It would be a bit longer if you took that back pathway from tomorrowland to new fantasyland (but I think it is closed now because of tron construction)

3 Likes

Beauty thanks!

1 Like

I feel like MK is actually quite a small park compared to the others. Plenty to do without having to traverse great swaths of land.

5 Likes

Yes I think you’re right.

(I imagine my sister asked about MK specifically because like most ppl that’s the park that comes to mind when you mention WDW.)

1 Like

FWIW, the entire MK park could fit inside of Kilimanjaro Safari at AK

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to superimpose a map of Epcot over my home town to compare the size.

2 Likes

Yeah MK is not huge. Which makes me wonder - which park is the biggest park in terms of walkable area? For example, I know animal kingdom is technically the biggest park of the four, but a lot of that is taken up by the land in Kilimanjaro Safari.

1 Like

Epcot is not small. DW and I have been going on some walks now that the New England weather is starting to warm up a little bit in preparation for our April trip. We call them our world showcase training walks.

8 Likes

I would say Epcot

2 Likes

Simply measuring around the park and covering most corners without zigzagging every walkway, Epcot is the biggest. It’s about 1.8mi if you walk from the entrance, past Nemo, Land, Imagination, around WS, past Epcot experience, TT and M:S. Note that this way you don’t go through the center of Future World, for example, or around any of the WS countries so in theory there is miles and miles of walking if you cover everything.

The other parks are fairly similar in size if you take a pretty straightforward path around the park. AK is about 1.4-1.5 mi around, excluding all the trails etc. HS is about the same size. There are a number of ways to walk around each park of course, so it’s a bit difficult to compare.

2 Likes

I second those who say MK appears small when you’re in it. There is so much to do in a small space. Other parks seem more spread out.

2 Likes

I like it! :grinning: I may use this…

1 Like

Pre-covid, we stayed at Beach Club (with park hoppers), went through the International Gateway, walked through Epcot, and took the monorail to MK. We weren’t in a hurry and didn’t want to take a bus. :laughing:

2 Likes

We did similar on one of our pre-covid trips, but in reverse. Finished at MK for the afternoon, took the Monorail to Epcot and walked back to BC for a rest.

1 Like

So I guess that wouldn’t work if you left MK closer to 9 PM eh?

1 Like

to feed my infinite curiousity, I checked how UOR compares to the Disney parks. Both UOR parks are about 1.3 miles around the lakes, so not too far from WDW parks other than Epcot. It’s worth noting that the walk to the gate adds 0.4 miles each way from buses/drop off or 0.5-0.6mi from the parking garages. This is about the same as parking at the very end of the WDW parking lots and walking from there.

4 Likes

What feels really small is Disneyland after going to MK :joy: It’s like wait I’m here already?

6 Likes