How bad is the spinning on Men In Black?

If the opposing ride vehicle hits your “fusion exhaust port” to cause your vehicle to spin, how bad is the spinning? I can handle the brief spin on the Spiderman ride- is it comparable? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I think that’s a good comparison although it lasts a little longer.

Have you been on Cat in the Hat? It’s a little bit whippier than that, but a similar duration.

4 Likes

Most people are fine with the spin. The ending is the worst with 3 spins. If you stay focused on the shooting game part, that helps to distract from it.

If you are concerned about motion sickness from this attraction, I’d rate it as a 1 or 2 out of 5 risk level. I’d be more concerned with other attractions at UOR. Many people take a type of medicine for it, which really helps. Simpsons and FJ are a 5/5.

4 Likes

Funny- I handled Simpsons fine but was nauseous from FJ. But thank you for the ratings- it helps to put things in perspective.

1 Like

I did do Cat in Hat (without any motion sickness) but didn’t even remember any spinning.

1 Like

Wow, I see. So the motion of the ride vehicle must affect you way more than the 3D/screen motions. Storm Force Accelatron would probably be rough for you.

I think they toned down Cat in the Hat after a kid flew off.

2 Likes

:scream: Did not know about that!!
(On the cat in the hat)

• sorry couldn’t resist a rhyme that was just sitting there like that :rofl::rofl::rofl:
8 Likes

:scream:

4 Likes

Spinning rides often make me feel sick but I don’t have any memory of feeling unwell on MIB! I don’t think it made me dizzy or nauseous at all.

2 Likes

Yeah, Storm Force Acceleration is definitely on my HECK NO list.

1 Like

At the end it really spins but only for a short time. The ride that got me was in the Hogwarts Castle. That was like the old county fair Octopus but inside and that really spins. Thought I was going to lose my lunch. I am older though and the young seem to tolerate these rides better than me. Hate high rollercoasters.

2 Likes

There was a minor incident involving a family with a small child on the ride. At some point in the ride the adults were not paying attention to the child who apparently got a little “scared” and sild down to the car’s floor under the lap bar. Upon approaching the “revolving tunnel” scene, the vehicle began its usual spin sequence, which resulted in the child being ejected from the ride car.

There are warnings in place to parents to keep their children seated at all times on this ride, but the family blamed Universal for their child’s actions.

However, the TM failed to spot this the child not seated on the security camera feeds and press an E-Stop when it happened. As a former ride attendant, at Six Flags, I can say that is a big mistake! There is always a station were a someone is stationed to exclusively watch those monitors and stop the ride if something, even slightly odd is happening. I’ve done it numerous times! This is one of those “freak” situations where the guests didn’t follow the safety protocols & the TM made a mistake as well. Rather than change the ride vehicles or put new protocols in place, it was simply easer & cheaper to remove the spinning from the ride.

8 Likes

It’s about as much as the spinning you do in the sewer part of Spider-Man.

2 Likes

Simpsons made me sick
FJ was the worst
MIB no nausea.

I’m not prone to motion sickness but UOR pushed my limits.

DS’s girlfriend was with us and her flip flop flew off. We were the people the ride stopped for.

2 Likes

Was the difference short term vs long term sickness?

So bummed for you. FJ is one of my all time favorites. It’s just an amazing one of a kind attraction.

Normally after a ride my little one(s) hold hands with me again and we smile and float out the exit in happiness. After FJ I was 100% don’t touch me, staggering, trying to breathe. Wondering if I should walk it off or sit down or just die. Rare for me to feel that at all. I remember that after one ride at Dollywood in 2009.

Simpsons just hurt my neck and jerked me around and made me angry. Everyone in my family commented on the discomfort of Simpsons to one degree or another.

That said - I normally feel more like FJ after a tea cup or tilt-a-whirl, but Storm Force was fine.

ETA it didn’t ruin my day but I needed to recover.

4 Likes

So if you think MIB is bad, what about Guardians of the Galaxy?

1 Like

This was sooooo me, too! :joy:

2 Likes

Guardians had zero issue.

It’s now tied with -coincidentally- GOTG:MB at DCA for best ride ever.

I can’t do most roller coasters but had no trouble with this ride (in 2019, I don’t know if it’s still the same). In fact it was one of my favorite things we did there.

2 Likes