How bad is RD at HS?

I can’t really speak to what its like to get to the other rides as I was focused on SDD, but given how many people ended up there, I would think as long as you hung back from the main crowd, you would be fine going to TSMM or A2S.

@Flutegarden how did your Rope Drop experience go at Hollywood Studios? Curious to know (unless you already posted about it here or on chat)!

It’s tomorrow. Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Will be there tomorrow too. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Looking forward to hearing from you both.

You got this!

1 Like

The RD post has me rethinking my strategy once again for May 14. Now i am thinking RD TSM, then jessie and woody m&g, then AS2.

Before i was going to do AS2, TSM, then M&G.

That’s what I did on a CL 5 day. I think it depends how early you get lead back to TSL. I was let back to TSL around 8:40am. Walked on to ASS at 8:48. Pretty much walked on to TSMM at 8:59. Got in line to see Woody and Jessie at around 8:20 and saw them around 9:50.

2 Likes

There today. Arrived at 8:20. Security was fast. Held a dockside diner. We were pretty close to the front. It was packed and some passed us but no one pushed. It’s just chaos. They let us back at 8:42. We had to park our stroller so on AS2 walk on at 8:59. Saw line for Woody. I’d estimate 15 minutes. Went straight to TSM at 9:06. Wait 10 minutes. Went back to Woody and they were already on break with a long line. We did t do it. BTW SDD had a 65 minute wait when we arrived and I thought we arrived near the from t but a lot passed us on route.

Overall happy with the wait times. Going back to AS2 just avoids the chaos bc even TSM was chaotic at RD but better when we got there.

5 Likes

Great report, @Flutegarden. Well done.

Sounds like an awesome start to your morning!

I think they start it out with a decent wait time since the end of the rope drop line will wait an hour.

1 Like

Also just wanted to comment that DD4 lived AS2. One of her favorite rides along with Teacups.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report - this our plan when we go in November (though it’ll probably be different with SWGE). AS2 was one of my daughter’s favorite rides too so we figure it’s worth risking a long line at TSM.

I’ve Been following your AS2/TSM strategy. I think we’ll copy it next month.

On Sunday, May 5th - a day that had EMH at HS - we pulled into parking lot (in our own car) at 7:30a (I had a 2yo & 4yo in tow that just weren’t fast moving that morning). Walked to gate and passed through bag check in minutes. Tapped in, then tapped again at end of Blvd neatest gate (to ensure we were resort guests) and were walking down Hollywood Blvd by 7:47a. We passed what looked like a RD crowd on Sunset Blvd but did not encounter a “rope” on our way to TSL. We were in line for SDD by 7:56a and things were already in full swing- I’d guess RD folks for TSL were let in a few minutes before Sunset Blvd folks. The sign at end of SDD line said 80 mins but the line was very stretched out (people were walking slowly) so I quickly left my group in line to scope things out. Woody and Jesse did not appear for their m&g until just after 8a. And at 8a TSM had a posted wait of 15mins. My 2yo and 4yo insisted we do SDD first (even though we had a FPP for it for 10:30a) so we stayed in line and were off by 8:37a. We then got in line for Woody & Jesse and waited about 30mins. We did notice that once we were off SDD, the line was much shorter (it didn’t extend as far as the Woody & Jesse m&g area) but posted standby wait still said 75minutes (not sure what actually wait time was). Right before RD crowd arrived posted standby wait for AS2 was 35minutes. So I agree with suggestions to aim for a different attraction and hit SDD in later half of EMH.

1 Like