How bad is RD at HS?

Super helpful @Beth33, glad to hear about the Jedi Training sign-ups.

Seconded. We RDed from this location and one cast member said to the other, “Where is everybody?” That’s how you know you’re in a good spot for RD.

3 Likes

If I arrive around 8:45, will I miss the flock and still be in good shape to walk on AS2?

Thanks for this post, I had the exact same question after reading this thread. I am going to HS on day 2 of 3 day trip so expect not to have a SDD FP.

For some reason when me, DD8 and DH try to move through crowded places it becomes somewhat of a comedy show: trying to stay together, whose leading, where are we going? So this makes me nervous.

I’m thinking going to RNRC first will be a much more pleasant way to start the day. Plus DD8 only request doe this trip is to see toy story land at night. Maybe I will have to keep my fingers crossed for same day FP drops!

I think we need a Liner convoy. Tallest, fittest around the edges, smallest in the middle. @ryan1 something for you to organise :wink:.

4 Likes

I already organized it for my family. (well, technically my wife organized it, not me). Everyone else is on their own. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know, I haven’t been to WDW since 2016 - pre Pandora, never mind TSL!

1 Like

How very ungallent.:joy: You could have been our superhero​:wink:.

Forgive me if someone already posted this, but Mouse Hacking currently has the best Rope Drop posts, in my opinion. This one about RD’ing HS is up-to-date, and includes pictures of both rope locations and the merge point. Very informative.

And yes, it seems to confirm what @DumboRunner and @jcgoblue say about it being slightly easier from the 2nd Rope… which you can hit after signing up for Jedi!

When are your dates @Laura_hastings? I’m really curious to see how this goes for you because we may try to attempt the same thing.

1 Like

I read this too and thought there was good information. But I was really bothered by their suggestion you don’t have to arrive very early because you can “work your way to the front” of the crowd.

4 Likes

Right, that is, “push your way past other people who got there early in order to be further toward the front than others who got there to wait earlier than you did.” Sure, we know people do that but to encourage it? Not cool.

3 Likes

Agreed. Good article otherwise.

3 Likes

The best I have seen with maps, where to position yourself etc. I love/hate it!

So, my TP is telling me to RD Star Tours and then go to TSL. If I rearrange it on my own it adds hours to our day. We’re visiting for half a day only on an EMH HS day. I’m not sure that following that plan seems smart…am I missing something? I hate to doubt my TP, but I really don’t want DD to miss out on TSL especially if we can’t get a FP.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I volunteer for the frontlines. I’m tall, pretty strong, not easily pushed, and wicked with the decimating comeback line.

2 Likes

I have the ability to spot holes in the crowd. When DD was in a stroller DH put me in the lead as the scout and then followed. That way my ankles were the only ones that got rammed with the stroller as we walked with purpose :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m not on a rush since we have FPP for SDD. I just want to get in early and not get trampled.

Then despite all the competitive joking here, go to that left RD location that fewer people know about, don’t stress if people start passing you when the CMs start walking the line forward, and stay toward the left as much as you can. Almost everyone is heading for SDD, so you will be fine.

2 Likes

Great!