How are you saving money for your trip to WDW? Any tips or tricks to recommend?

Yes, but only for Magic Your Way packages booked directly through Disney.

I regularly have people dismiss some of my “tricks”, because a lot of hacks take time and persistence… but working overtime, or picking up hours, etc., takes up time, too. So I’m willing to make the efforts for my little hacks.

5 Likes

Yeah, turning 3 hrs of gift card scratching and calling Disney into $750 of discounts is pretty good, even for the Bay Area. :wink:

3 Likes

On top of Sam’s Club GCs with a CC 2% cashback we do Fetch, Reciept Hog, Swagbucks: trade points in for Visa GCs then make payments for package with the Visa. This trip alone that has gotten me $100. The Shopkicks app has another $100 in Disney GC DD10 has earned doing scans, it will be her spending/souviner money. Work has a health program through Virgin Healthmiles, if we get to a certain level DH and I both get $200 each in whatever GC we choose, again pick Visa and make payments.

1 Like

To save for our future trip (either January 2020 or May 2020) I have saved tax refunds, my work bonus, $25/month goes directly into my savings account, Visa credit card rewards, and I use Ibotta which gives cash back for many things like my groceries. Oh, and if I get Christmas or birthday money from my family or relatives, it all goes towards Disney!

4 Likes

My top money savings this year was cutting the cable cord. Youtube TV is awesome and only $40 a month. I pay an extra $5 for the PBS app so that I can watch my Masterpiece Theater. I was paying over $120 a month. I still pay separately for internet, Netflix and Amazon but am saving about $80+ a month.

Also, I use my SW Visa for plane tickets. I put all my charges on my Visa and with the sign up bonus was able to cover 3 plane tickets this year. Follow The Points Guy for tips on credit cards and specials.

UPDATE…YouTube TV is now $49.99 a month but new channels were added.

2 Likes

Just want to thank everyone for their tips here. I have only been at this since March 30th and have already gained $200 in cash back and gift cards.

3 Likes